Community
Search
Notices
Brushed/Brushless motors, speed controls, gear drives Discuss all aspects of brushless motors, brushed motors, speed controls (ESC's), gear drives and propellers in this forum.

global super colbat 400 motor

Search this Thread

Old 11-19-2004, 01:06 AM
kingkiley

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default global super colbat 400 motor

Hi
I have a Slo-v Park flyer and the stock motor is getting very slow only after around 30 flights. My question is, I like the Global Super Cobalt 400 (LXDCG64) motor. Does anyone know if this will work with the stock gear box on my slo v or would I need to upgrade to a new gearbox? I do like the Cobalt motor for the fact the the brushes are replaceable. I don't want to sink a lot of money into this plane by buying a brushless motor. I 'm also using a Li-Poly battery pack that's 1200 MaH and 7.4 volts, the person at my LOH told me this would be fine to use, gives me longer flight times.

Thanks King Kiley
Old 11-19-2004, 07:22 AM
woodduck-RCU

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: global super colbat 400 motor

Sorry, but I don't think this is a viable upgrade. The coblt is about 1 oz heavier and requires much morebattery such as a 1800+ mah 8 cell pack. You can buy 3 spped 400's for the price if the cobalt 400 and not have to replcae the battery. Try a 6.0 volt Graupner speed 400 from http://www.hobbypeople.net/gallery/648519.asp.
I upgraded a Zagi wing from a speed 400 to a coblat 400 and thought I had a dud until I used a stronger battery.
I make my battery packs with components from Cheap Battery Packs, an 1800 6 cell nimh pack cost about $18.00