Community
Search
Notices
Brushed/Brushless motors, speed controls, gear drives Discuss all aspects of brushless motors, brushed motors, speed controls (ESC's), gear drives and propellers in this forum.

ESC for Mini Pulse XT...

Search this Thread

Old 03-17-2007, 01:59 PM
jetnfast
My Feedback: (2)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default ESC for Mini Pulse XT...

Hey Fellas,

Another question for ya. Once I get the heatshrink fixed on my E-flite 20 Amp ESC V2 will that be ok to use in a mini Pulse XT? My other equipment will be a TP 2100 Mah Lipo, 4 Hitec 55's, Futaba 168DP RX, and I was going to go with the recommended E-flite park 450. I know the reccomended setup for the Mini Pulse XT suggests the 25 Amp ESC from e-flite but the Motor seems like it will match up fine with the 20 amp ESC similar to the reccomended setup on the MUS. I know a bigger ESC is better amperage wise, but I have this 20 AMP ESC sitting around once I figure out how to fix the shrink wrap! Let me know what you all think. Thank you!

Aaron
Old 03-18-2007, 10:09 AM
jzrf6c

Default RE: ESC for Mini Pulse XT...

Make sure the prop you select will not draw more than 20 AMPs continuous and you should be OK. I've used smaller AMP ESC that way with my RIMFIRE engines and had no problems.
Old 03-19-2007, 09:46 AM
Fliprob17

I would HIGHLY recommend going with the Park 480 or something equivalent instead, like a Great Planes RimFire 35-30-1250. The MPXT appears to be highly under-powered with the Park 450. You will be much happier with the performance of the plane with the 480. Of course, this means you have to get at least a 35amp ESC and can't use the 20 amp you have
Old 03-19-2007, 07:43 PM
jetnfast
My Feedback: (2)

fliprob17,

Your from Rancho? I grew up in Mission Viejo. I am in the Air Force now and sadly live in Mississippi for the time being. Where do you fly back in Cali? When I go home to visit my folks I fly my Wanderer glider I keep at my parents house over at Kite Hill in Laguna Niguel, I sure miss Cali. Anyway thanks to all for the recommendations. I think I might go with the 450 for now and maybe upgrade to the 480 later. I have 2 E-flite 20 Amp ESCs from a Super Airliner I was setting up so I think I will use those. Thanks for the advice!!

Aaron
Old 03-22-2007, 07:12 PM
NashTech

Don't mean to hijack your thread, but I have a similar question...

I have the CastleCreations 18 in the MP with the recommended 450. Is this okay to use or should I be using a bigger Amp ESC (and why)?
Old 03-22-2007, 08:56 PM
Fliprob17

It should work ok. It might get a little warmer than you want, but it should work. The Park 450 has a max. burst at 18 amps. Your ESC should be rated for 18 amps continuous with a burst somewhere around 20-22. You should be fine.
Old 03-22-2007, 11:00 PM
NashTech

Thanks! I just wanted to be sure it wasn't a bottleneck as far as motor power is concerned.
Old 04-10-2007, 12:43 PM
cloudancer03
My Feedback: (22)

my pulse uses the 480 with a 40 amp speed controller and tp 2070 extreme 3s battery ..I suspect if I had done it with a stock 450 the performance would likely be ok but nothing to write home about.the set up I have rocks!!!