Community
Search
Notices
Brushed/Brushless motors, speed controls, gear drives Discuss all aspects of brushless motors, brushed motors, speed controls (ESC's), gear drives and propellers in this forum.

ep yak 55 3d controller

Search this Thread

Old 01-02-2005, 02:04 PM
bboykin

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default ep yak 55 3d controller

have new plane arriving in a few days with motor in it. would like to have some recommended esc and rx and micro servos for this foam plane. will be using 4 channel futuba tx. would like to know if a rx will work on li-polly batteries 3 cell type it recommends 20a esc which will be good brand. thanks for any and all help.
Old 01-02-2005, 04:06 PM
rjarois

Default RE: ep yak 55 3d controller

for a rx, i have a berg-6 channel. as for the speed controler id buy the castle creations phoenix-25. and for the servos i have hitec-55's in my yak. also i have a extreme flight yak, that weighs 13 oz. and im not sure how much the foamie does. also i would recoment the programming cord for the phoenix controller. good luck, if your like me, ya will never go back to nitro, peace, randy.
Old 01-02-2005, 05:00 PM
bboykin

this plane is from greatplaines i had thought about the 55 sevors but want to know if the pol- batteries will carry my rx or will i need voltage reducer
Old 01-04-2005, 05:24 AM
rjarois

i dont know how it does it, but the castle creations speed controller supplies the receiver with the proper voltage to run the servos. the lopo pack is wired with the deans ultra connector to the speed controll........and on the output side has 3 wires that are connected to the motor, i use 3.5mm gold connector plugs. and finally ther is a plug coming out of the speed control that has a servo type plug end, that plugs into your reciever throttle channel, mine is channel 3. i hope this answers your question, and helps ya out, peace, randy.......oh yea one other tip i can give you is a better site for electric resourses is
[link=http://www.ezonemag.com/]http://www.ezonemag.com/[/link]
Old 01-05-2005, 08:16 PM
bboykin

thanks for help just left lhs have ep1200 bat,castle creations controller gws receiver hope this works. lhs was great help plus had everthing needed to fiinish plane. hope to find good pilot to try out. before i crash and go back to lhs
Old 01-21-2007, 11:36 AM
the_ant

what are the setting that you are using in the castle esc??
thanks