Community
Search
Notices
Brushed/Brushless motors, speed controls, gear drives Discuss all aspects of brushless motors, brushed motors, speed controls (ESC's), gear drives and propellers in this forum.

Cool Running ESC

Search this Thread

Old 07-12-2005, 06:02 AM
wreck_em_all

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Cool Running ESC

I tried out the A-12 ($34.95 US) I ordered from Cool Running (COOLesc.com) and am most impressed. I put together a stick trainer for my grandson using a Little Screamer. The original ESC would not self start the motor and had poor low speed performance. The A-12 ESC started the motor with no trouble and I had excellent low speed control. Also, flight times increased and there was a noticeable reduction in motor temperature. I had the plane in the air for more than 1/2 hour and used about 50% of the battery's capacity. Prop is a 9x6, battery is TP 1320 2S, and AUW about 13 oz. The Watt's Up says this lash up is running 5A WOT.
Old 07-13-2005, 10:47 AM
Seed of Chucky

Default RE: Cool Running ESC

How would you compare the Cool Running brand to other brands you have tried?
Old 07-13-2005, 11:25 AM
wreck_em_all

To be honest, I would rate it equal to my CC controllers (4). CC has the edge on ease of use because of the PHX-Link, cool running has the edge on price. Performance wise I see very comparable results between Cool Running and CC. I have an older Jeti (1), E-Flite (2), Tsunami (1), and a Balsa Products (1) BL controllers. Cool Running and CC are definately on the top of my list.
Old 07-13-2005, 01:00 PM
bassmanh
My Feedback: (5)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

wreck,
thanks for posting about these ESC`s although i went to there web site and they are sold out of the ones i need until august 26th so i will have to wait until then to get 1 . looks like it will be a good match for my AXI 2814 in my super sportster EP.

bassman
Old 07-13-2005, 07:27 PM
wreck_em_all

Yeah, I wanted the 35 too, but settled for a 12 and 25.
Old 07-14-2005, 10:05 PM
Woodsy

Thats good info guys thanks, i've ordered a 12 and 25 for test with the view to importing them in to Aussie, with freight and exchange rate there going to be about 60% of the price of CC esc's