Go Back  RCU Forums > Electric Aircraft Universe > Brushed/Brushless motors, speed controls, gear drives
Reload this Page >

running a 3 wire brushless motor in a 12v system

Community
Search
Notices
Brushed/Brushless motors, speed controls, gear drives Discuss all aspects of brushless motors, brushed motors, speed controls (ESC's), gear drives and propellers in this forum.

running a 3 wire brushless motor in a 12v system

Search this Thread

Old 05-11-2009, 11:56 AM
foodstamp

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default running a 3 wire brushless motor in a 12v system

what im trying to do is run a 3 wire brushless duct fan in my 94 ford explorer the goal is to duct from my front a/c vent to the rear where my audio system amp's are.

the fan/motor i have is a kms kbm21/ef from a f16 that i crashed .... i have the kms kbsc30 2-3 cell unit as well but is not in working order ( 2-3 lil diode's or micro chips came off on inpact

thx for any help any one can give me.... would be nice if i could rewire the speed control some how
Old 05-11-2009, 07:20 PM
pilotpete2

Default RE: running a 3 wire brushless motor in a 12v system

I don't know what diameter fan you need, but a simple 12V computer fan (brushless) will be a lot quieter than any EDF unit
Pete
Old 05-11-2009, 09:38 PM
mjsas

A simple way is to use a standard ESC and a servo tester. The servo tester provides the correct signal to control the ESC and costs only a few dollars.

However there is one major problem, at power on the ESC requires the throttle to be set to zero for the ESC to arm. Every time you start the car you will have to arm the ESC.

Any other way will require you to build a custom designed ESC, there are no ESC's that do not require an arming sequence.

As the man said, "Get a real fan."
Old 05-12-2009, 09:36 AM
foodstamp

the prob with a pc fan is it dont push the air like this lil edf and im 5-6 feet away from the supply with bend's n turn's i dont mind doing a "custom" controller if some one wants to help me... a servo tester sounds like a good start... i would like to do a few speed's off the same power supply as the a/c in the car... sound is not a prob my audio system is plenty loud..