Community
Search
Notices
Brushed/Brushless motors, speed controls, gear drives Discuss all aspects of brushless motors, brushed motors, speed controls (ESC's), gear drives and propellers in this forum.

Hacker A20, Prop pulls shaft out of motor?

Search this Thread

Old 09-21-2005, 10:39 PM
Quicksdraw MaGraw
My Feedback: (1)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Hacker A20, Prop pulls shaft out of motor?

Hi everyone

I'm doing my first electric. I've have the plane complete and am testing things. My problem is that the prop twice now has pulled the shaft out of the motor and shot accross the garage. I thought I had it tight enough when I put it back on the first time..... guess not. Is this a common problem? Planes won't fly that well if the prop flies off.

So I figure I'll have to notch the shaft where the set screw sits so it won't pull through.

Any better suggestions?

Thanks a bunch!
Old 09-22-2005, 08:04 AM
Matt Kirsch
My Feedback: (21)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Hacker A20, Prop pulls shaft out of motor?

Are there any grooves in the shaft? It sounds like maybe the motor is missing an E-clip that prevents the shaft from pulling out.

You may want to contact www.hackerbrushless.com for warranty options before doing anything destructive, though grinding a flat and using a little Loctite is a good option for the enterprising do-it-yourselfer.