Notices
Brushed/Brushless motors, speed controls, gear drives Discuss all aspects of brushless motors, brushed motors, speed controls (ESC's), gear drives and propellers in this forum.

GP Rimfire and GP Esc wires don't connect

Old 01-12-2007, 11:27 AM
grayle

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default GP Rimfire and GP Esc wires don't connect

I have been flying nitro for 2 years, and I just bought my first electric plane (GP Reactor)last week and purchased a 35 30 1250 rimfire and the recommended esc for that motor, a 35 amp GP esc. The male bullet on the motor is bigger than the female connector on the esc. Has anyone else run int this problem? I'm not sure what size connector is on each, but according to GP website the connectors should both be 3.5mm. I looked on tower and they sell an adaptor, but its for a 3.5mm motor wire to a 4mm esc wire. My problem is the other way around.
Grayle
Old 01-12-2007, 01:06 PM
RCmob

Default RE: GP Rimfire and GP Esc wires don't connect

Hello Grayle,

I am associated with GP and have been involved in the development of the Rimfire line. That said...

The 35mm rimfire uses 3.5mm bullet connectors. The males are soldered to the motor wires and a set of female connectors are slid over the male. The female connectors are included just in case the end user does not plan to use our speed controls because this avoids them having to hunt for matching connectors to solder on their ESC. The SS-35 uses 3.5mm female bullet connectors (identical to the ones slid over the motor male connectors). Did either one of your components not come with those connectors?

Thanks

rcmob
Old 01-12-2007, 04:05 PM
Fliprob17

I just ordered the matching male bullets for the motor that work with the female on the ESC. I like to leave the ESC wires alone if possible.

Here is the link at towerhobbies http://www2.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin...?&I=LXJPY2&P=V

The ESC has 3.5mm female. And according to towerhobbies listing, the motor comes with 2mm female, w/ the male inside them, but I actually think that is wrong. The Great Planes web site says they come with the correct 3.5mm female w/ male inside. You might just have to take the male connectors out of the female on the motor wires, cut the female off and solder on the male ones. That should do it.
Old 01-14-2007, 07:52 PM
grayle

Thanks for the replies, RCMOB, I feel like an idiot, you are right the ends just slid right off, So now they connect to my esc. Im pretty sure I read through the entire motor instructions, but I dont remember reading about extra connectors included. Thanks, Grayle