Go Back  RCU Forums > Electric Aircraft Universe > Brushed/Brushless motors, speed controls, gear drives
Reload this Page >

Can a Jeti Advance 70-3P be used with 6 cells???

Community
Search
Notices
Brushed/Brushless motors, speed controls, gear drives Discuss all aspects of brushless motors, brushed motors, speed controls (ESC's), gear drives and propellers in this forum.

Can a Jeti Advance 70-3P be used with 6 cells???

Search this Thread

Old 04-12-2007, 06:31 AM
Jagzilla

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Can a Jeti Advance 70-3P be used with 6 cells???

I have an Advance 70-3P. The instructions say it good for up to 3 cell lipo. I see the Opto version can run 6 cell lipo (which is what I want to do). Is it just a matter of cutting the red wire in the lead that plugs into the receiver, and then adding a seperate BEC. Would this enable me to run 6 cells on my Advance (non-opto) model?
Jag
Old 04-12-2007, 09:24 AM
jzrf6c

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Can a Jeti Advance 70-3P be used with 6 cells???

Most ESCs are designed for 2, 3 or up to 6 cells. Others are designed to be programmed for the correct number of cells. Be carefull that you don't get it wrong. You can ruin the ESC.