Community
Search
Notices
Brushed/Brushless motors, speed controls, gear drives Discuss all aspects of brushless motors, brushed motors, speed controls (ESC's), gear drives and propellers in this forum.

Connecting Brushless Motor to ESC

Search this Thread

Old 06-08-2007, 10:11 AM
paul_harris

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Connecting Brushless Motor to ESC

I've just bought a new ESC for my Parkzone Typhoon. The three wires coming out of the ESC are all yellow, yet the wires from the motor are yellow, green and red. Does it matter which way I connect the wires to the ESC? The instructions say nothing on the matter other than 'reverse polarity destroys the ESC', but I assume that means for the battery leads.

Thanks

Paul
Old 06-08-2007, 11:19 AM
pilotpete2

Default RE: Connecting Brushless Motor to ESC

Hi Paul,
Good news, there is no polarity and there is no color code, the colors are meaningless[8D]
Just hookem' up and see if the rotation is correct, if so you're done, if not just reverse any 2 wires, but first check the programming options on the ESC, it mat have a reverse option, many do, so that even makes it easier (especially if you already soldered the wires).
Good luck and welcome to the brushless revolution.
Pete
Old 06-08-2007, 11:40 AM
paul_harris

Default RE: Connecting Brushless Motor to ESC

Thanks for the advice Pete, it's helped a lot.

Regards

Paul