Community
Search
Notices
Brushed/Brushless motors, speed controls, gear drives Discuss all aspects of brushless motors, brushed motors, speed controls (ESC's), gear drives and propellers in this forum.

Thunderbird 18 programing issues

Search this Thread

Old 07-14-2007, 06:04 PM
lulubelle

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Thunderbird 18 programing issues

Hey! i have a Kyosho Sorus that flys just great! i maiden yesterday. For those who don't know, its a large electric thermal glider. I am using a Thunderbird 18 esc with a 3-cell lipo. I have been trying to program the break for a while, but it dosn't seem to work

the first step is to turn on the transmitter and put the throttle to full. THen you plug in the battery, and it goes through its auto-cell detection(3 beeps) and then is supposed to make another set of noises to tell me that its starting the proceess to enter programing mode.
When i plug it in, it does the auto cell detection (bleep bee bee bee--- ), but does not continue, so i am not sure why it is not working. I checked the triming and everything, and it is all at zero.

Any help is greatly appreciated!!

Zach jacobs
Old 07-14-2007, 06:49 PM
bobferguson

Default RE: Thunderbird 18 programing issues

I not sure but don't you start at half throttle.
Old 07-15-2007, 12:20 AM
lulubelle

nope the directions say full throttle!
Old 07-15-2007, 09:47 AM
pilotpete2

Hi Zach,
I wish I could be of more help, but since you have flown the plane the usual issues such as not having the throttle ch reversed with a Futaba radio or not having the ESC plugged into the throttle port on the rx don't seem to apply here.
The only advice I can offer is to contact CC directly, their website gives the contact information, and they are very good at giving help over the phone, beats bouncing e-mails back an forth
I have two of the T-bird 18's, but I have only programmed them with the Castle link cable that I have for my Phoenix controller.
Good luck,
Pete
Old 07-16-2007, 09:36 AM
Fliprob17

ORIGINAL: lulubelle

Hey! i have a Kyosho Sorus that flys just great! i maiden yesterday. For those who don't know, its a large electric thermal glider. I am using a Thunderbird 18 esc with a 3-cell lipo. I have been trying to program the break for a while, but it dosn't seem to work

the first step is to turn on the transmitter and put the throttle to full. THen you plug in the battery, and it goes through its auto-cell detection(3 beeps) and then is supposed to make another set of noises to tell me that its starting the proceess to enter programing mode.
When i plug it in, it does the auto cell detection (bleep bee bee bee--- ), but does not continue, so i am not sure why it is not working. I checked the triming and everything, and it is all at zero.

Any help is greatly appreciated!!

Zach jacobs
You need the USB link cable in order to program the ESC. Do you have one? It comes with a default setting of off on the brake.