Community
Search
Notices
Brushed/Brushless motors, speed controls, gear drives Discuss all aspects of brushless motors, brushed motors, speed controls (ESC's), gear drives and propellers in this forum.

What does a constant beep mean?

Search this Thread

Old 10-03-2007, 09:26 PM
username01

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default What does a constant beep mean?

Im having problems with my brushless speed control now after a few crashes.

I have an electrifly silver series 35 ss and an ultrafly b/12 motor

everything was going fine untill the housing around the motor flew off in air, i snaped it back in place around the magnets. but now everytime i turn on my plane it makes a constant slow low beep, about every second instead of 2 fast when i usually arm it.

does anyone know what a constant beeping means? the plane has flown just perfectly before and no reversing or traval adj was needed. why all of a sudden is it not working?

pls help asap!

I hope it means i have a low charge battery because it wasn't charged all the way but it has never done this before i hope i didn't kill a second esc.
Old 10-03-2007, 10:15 PM
Andrew86

Default RE: What does a constant beep mean?

For my ESCs (i use cheapo Ewatts ones), that kind of beeping signifies a voltage error (either voltage is too low or too high). It may well just be that the battery is a little too flat. Also, I had the same problem for a while but I just left it beeping for a few minutes and eventually it self corrected - was very odd but it's worth a try. Now it's fine.
Old 10-04-2007, 01:28 PM
rmenke
My Feedback: (13)

Default RE: What does a constant beep mean?

username01:

It means you should read your instructions, or go the the web site and read the instructions. All beeps are not created equally by manufactures. At least do your own research to start with and if you don't understand, jump in here and the guys will help. Save your "help" requests for when you really need it, cause we all come to that at some point in time. ENJOY