Community
Search
Notices
Brushed/Brushless motors, speed controls, gear drives Discuss all aspects of brushless motors, brushed motors, speed controls (ESC's), gear drives and propellers in this forum.

motor and prop questions

Search this Thread

Old 10-26-2007, 03:47 PM
CoytAW

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default motor and prop questions

i just got (for free) an off-brand warbird from my uncle who just died. short of calling the company how can i find out what type of motor and everything? is it listed on the motor itself? i dont want to take it out either because it is pretty good.

also i just nose-dived my hobbyzone supercub and want to know if there is a prop size that will provide more power. the current one is a little lame with the motor provided. also how might i go about adding ailerons?
Old 10-27-2007, 06:07 PM
duck9191

Default RE: motor and prop questions

if you post a picture someone may be able to identify the motor for you. do you know if its brushed or brushless?

for more power from the cub you can go with an 11 inch prop, but you will get less flight time. another option is either an 8 cell or lipo battery, the higher voltage will give you alot more power then the 11 inch prop will give you plus if you go lipo you might lose some alw.
Old 10-29-2007, 09:48 PM
CoytAW

hmm... the motor is in the airframe and i dont know/want to take it out. i suppose ill have to though. how would i do this w/o damaging the airframe? its foam.

thanks for the advice on the cub. are lipos compatible with everything?
Old 10-30-2007, 07:41 PM
RedGN

The hobbyzone product are designed to be made as cheap as possible with a certain performance level. Just a fact of life.

for example.
The motor is designed to push that prop. Any thing more agressive and the motor will struggle.
The ESC built into the receiver is designed to provide enough power for the motor to push that size prop. anything bigger and the ESC could burn out.
The servos are designed for that receiver ( 5 wire) or other hobbyzone/parkzone receivers.
The receiver is a 3 channel and designed for the transmitter.
The transmitter is that style ( which i hate ) because it's cheaper to make.

If you like the model and want more power you really have to buy all new electronics.

Good Luck