Community
Search
Notices
Brushed/Brushless motors, speed controls, gear drives Discuss all aspects of brushless motors, brushed motors, speed controls (ESC's), gear drives and propellers in this forum.

E-Flite Power 32 far from powerful

Search this Thread

Old 04-03-2008, 06:53 AM
netdudeuk

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default E-Flite Power 32 far from powerful

I've got one of these motors with a Himodel GX-70A ESC (default settings), two 3S1P 2200mAH packs in parallel and an APC 14x7E prop. The model weighs 3lbs without the batteries.

This combination should have tons of power but it barely has enough to take off and keep the model airborne. The motor hasn't got fifteen minutes on it and it makes a screeching noise as the throttle is opened up. The shaft is true and the motor turns smoothly by hand when the power is off.

What could be wrong here ?

Thanks
Old 04-03-2008, 08:27 AM
jzrf6c

Default RE: E-Flite Power 32 far from powerful

Let me know what you find. I just bought an E-flight 32 because I have several 2200 mah 20 C batteries. My plane weights 4.3 lbs already.
Old 04-03-2008, 08:45 AM
Woodstock Hobbies

Default RE: E-Flite Power 32 far from powerful

Sounds like some type of feedback. I know on my AT-6 you can REALLY hear it when the ESC powers up, since it appears to be using the motor as a resonence device. Only time I have ever had an issue with an electric motor was when the mounting bracket was rubbing on the rear lock collar. The AT-6 from E-Flite is a fairly heavy plane, and uses the 3 cell packs but has more then enough power. DOH! It MIGHT also be the frequency setting in the ESC, or that you do not have the correct number of poles selected.