Go Back  RCU Forums > Electric Aircraft Universe > Brushed/Brushless motors, speed controls, gear drives
Reload this Page >

2 ESC's, 2 LiPo's, 2 Different channels and 1 RECIEVER

Community
Search
Notices
Brushed/Brushless motors, speed controls, gear drives Discuss all aspects of brushless motors, brushed motors, speed controls (ESC's), gear drives and propellers in this forum.

2 ESC's, 2 LiPo's, 2 Different channels and 1 RECIEVER

Search this Thread

Old 06-02-2008, 03:21 AM
encan

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default 2 ESC's, 2 LiPo's, 2 Different channels and 1 RECIEVER

Here is a tough one (for me at least).

Is it possible to connect two brushless speed controllers with two different battery packs (both 7,4 V but different mahs) on two different channnels of 1 reciever to get 2 motors running independently?
Old 06-02-2008, 07:43 AM
bassmanh
My Feedback: (5)

Default RE: 2 ESC's, 2 LiPo's, 2 Different channels and 1 RECIEVER

encan,

yes it is possible, using a computer radio like my futaba 2.4 ghz 7c and others(using mixing). you can also just use a Y harness to connect the throttles to a single throtle channel and have control (easiest way).

bassman
Old 06-02-2008, 07:45 AM
BarracudaHockey
My Feedback: (11)

Received 351 Likes on 281 Posts

Yep.

What radio do you have?
Old 06-02-2008, 09:13 AM
encan

I have a futaba 2.4 also.

i think i didnt do a good jpb to explain my question. I dont want to control them together. one channel to control one motor and another channel to control the other motor. i want independent controls (example: to throtle up one motor while the other one is not running.) my main concern is;

Usually throttle channel powers the reciever through the esc. But if i connect 2 batteries to 2 different channels i will be powering the reciever from 2 different channels. will it overload the reciever? It sounds ok to me since "i think" they will be hooked up in parralels. I just wanted to make sure.
Old 06-02-2008, 09:56 AM
Walt Thyng
My Feedback: (9)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Probably not, but all you have to do is disconnect the red wire from one esc. that will not affect the operation of the esc as it gets it's operating power elsewhere than the BEC. The black and white wires (or brown and organce are ground and signal.
Walt
Old 06-05-2008, 01:11 AM
encan

with the redd wire pulled out from 1 of the escs it didnt work.
Old 06-09-2008, 09:00 PM
timothy thompson
My Feedback: (1)

are they jeti optos? if so the run on a glass fiber cable do not require the center wire cut. we need more info. why do you want to do this. y ing the throttle is easy and the way to go
Old 06-10-2008, 04:59 AM
encan

They are not jeti. and no fiber cables. they are just regular esc s (im at work so i cant see them now but i believe they are thunder birds). they are both 10 amps.

They are for a hovercraft that i want to try build. I want the throttle stick to control the lift motor on its own lipo and the elevator stick to control the thrust motor again on its own lipo. And 1 servo for a rudder.

If there no way to do it then i will have to use 2 recievers
Old 06-10-2008, 10:13 AM
whitecrest

How about connecting your two batteries in parallel, as they are both the same 7.4 volts. Connect both sets of ESC power leads to a single power connector of your choice and then connect each ESC channel connector to its correct channel after disconnecting one red wire. Check for 4.8 - 5.0 volts on the receiver. You will need to disable stick self-centering on the second throttle channel. Perhaps you can set up a sliding control. It would be simpler to use a single, larger 7.4 volt battery.
Old 04-20-2017, 10:53 PM
Nijalarasan

Default Same doubt...

Hi,
I'm totally new to rc systems... I do also have the same question... Simply, I want to allot two receiver ends to two different bldc+esc+battery systems. Is it possible that i can control both independently with same performance with different joystick commands... If that is possible, I also would love to know if any shortcuts reducing number of batteries or Esc... Or both...