Community
Search
Notices
Brushed/Brushless motors, speed controls, gear drives Discuss all aspects of brushless motors, brushed motors, speed controls (ESC's), gear drives and propellers in this forum.

E-flite park 480

Search this Thread

Old 09-12-2008, 08:53 PM
blk822

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default E-flite park 480

Hi I just got a E-flite Brio 10 and want to run the light weight set up which uses a E-flite park 480 1020Kv. I am looking for some other motor options besides E-flite. I think $69 for that motor is a little high, But I maybe wrong......Any advice is helpful...Thanks
Old 09-13-2008, 12:20 AM
freeair

Default RE: E-flite park 480

i went through the same worry about which motor / esc to use in my E-Flight Extra 260, the e-flight motor was abit to expensive so after many questions to guys on another electric forum i was informed the Scorpion motor was not only cheaper but alot better than the e-flight gear. the motor is the scorpion 3008-32 and the esc is a matching 35 amp, have a look at the Scorpion web site for more info on these great motors / esc,s.
Old 09-13-2008, 08:35 AM
jzrf6c

Default RE: E-flite park 480

One hidden value on the E-flite products I've found is their service. I bought mine from Hobby Lobby (as I recall). When, after a slight crash, I called an with a bent shaft I was told to send it in. When they called me back they said They could cut off the end (where it was bent) and I'd be able to use the other end only. Or, they could replace the engine for only half the cost of a new one. As I recall they said this wass covered in the warrenty. So, I'd ask if they still do this.