Notices
Brushed/Brushless motors, speed controls, gear drives Discuss all aspects of brushless motors, brushed motors, speed controls (ESC's), gear drives and propellers in this forum.

Need help with ESC?

Old 12-25-2008, 01:43 PM
bhoges17

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Need help with ESC?

I have a 20A Motrofly on my Yardbird YB22. Today when I went to fly the unit isnt making the music it usually does. My servos work but no power to the motor. Is it dead? How can I test it? The dam thing is 3 weeks old.
Old 12-25-2008, 01:51 PM
Dr Kiwi

Default RE: Need help with ESC?

Try a different motor/same ESC, then same motor/different ESC... that will tell you whether it is the motor or the ESC which is causing the problem.
Old 12-25-2008, 08:48 PM
bhoges17

thats my only one so Im out of luck. I would have tried that. Ill just buy another tomorrow I cant wait for the repair.
Old 12-25-2008, 11:07 PM
louisben36

Hi

Have you made sure that the throttle stick is fully down before switching on?.....it may have gone to safety mode!!!

Or, alternatively, have you altered the throttle trim.... if the trim is too high the ESC safety mode will, again, cut in.
P.s done it myself
Old 12-26-2008, 07:02 AM
bhoges17

I was hoping it was that. But even in the program mode it should still make some tones right? I dont get any sound once its plugged in. The servos move but no throttle.
Old 12-26-2008, 07:29 AM
louisben36

Is it entering programme mode? It will only make tones if the correct sequence is followed to begin programme mode.
P.S Has i mentioned before, my servos worked fully but motor was dead when my throttle trim was incorrect...just play about with it...i did and that was the problem.