Community
Search
Notices
Brushed/Brushless motors, speed controls, gear drives Discuss all aspects of brushless motors, brushed motors, speed controls (ESC's), gear drives and propellers in this forum.

LV setting on esc?

Search this Thread

Old 01-25-2009, 10:06 PM
bhoges17

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default LV setting on esc?

I have an elfite and a motrofly esc. Both never hit the cutoff point even when its set to the highest level. On my Yardbird F22 I run a 1300 3S 25C batt,1700KV motrofly. I get about 6mins and leave the batt to around 11.3v. Is that level too high for the cutoff to work? Im end up putting about 80% back into the batt. If my voltage is still that high can I run it down lower w/o damage to the batt? If the pack is a 1300 and I end up putting say 1300mah back in will that harm it? What should you go buy voltage or mah?
Old 01-28-2009, 08:19 AM
Dr Kiwi

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: LV setting on esc?

There would be something weird going on if you could put 1300 back in......but you obviously have a very good battery, and if your LVC is set at say 3.3v/cell under load you should be able to go until that kicks in, since once the load is off, the voltage will go back up a bit.

Remember that what you measure as what you "put back in" is not all going into the pack - there are losses in the charger, so even if your meter said you put 1300 back in, that might be replacing only 1100 taken out.