Community
Search
Notices
Brushed/Brushless motors, speed controls, gear drives Discuss all aspects of brushless motors, brushed motors, speed controls (ESC's), gear drives and propellers in this forum.

Gearbox/Pinion Gear

Search this Thread

Old 06-07-2003, 04:00 PM
iphlye

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Gearbox/Pinion Gear

Hey All,

Just got my mega 3.1:1 g/b for my 16/15/3 motor. The instructions say to apply loctite 262 to secure the pinion on the shaft. Only problem is that it is $15 for a tiny bottle. Is there a suitable alternative that is cheaper, perhaps an epoxy of some sort? Thanks guys.

Bryon
Old 06-09-2003, 12:55 PM
Dylwad
My Feedback: (11)

Default Gearbox/Pinion Gear

http://www.azarr.com/motors_____gear...___ducted_.htm
bottom of the page, 3 little tubes for a buck, loctite 638, designed for rotating parts like pinion gears.

Dylan
Old 06-10-2003, 08:46 PM
Duie

Default Loctite 262

Loctite 262 is, by definition, a lubricated threadlock adhesive/sealant. The first "2" indicates it is usually used for threadlocking, the "6" is essentially an indication of eventual cured strength, and the last "2" indicates that a lubricant is in the formula (generally only important for large fasteners, where it may be desirable to ease the installation torque.)

Bottom line is, it'll work for your application.

Understand that any "Loctite" threadlocker/retaining compound anaerobic product cures by an entirely different process than does an epoxy material.

If you're going to buy a correct Loctite product, go to a reputable bearing supply house, and buy a 10cc bottle of 242 (blue) for nuts and bolts, and a bottle of 271 (red) for retaining slip-fit parts & as a high strength material for nuts and bolts.

Yes, at one time I was employed by the Company.

Duie

[email protected]