Community
Search
Notices
Brushed/Brushless motors, speed controls, gear drives Discuss all aspects of brushless motors, brushed motors, speed controls (ESC's), gear drives and propellers in this forum.

Rimfire vs AXI for Great Planes Reactor

Search this Thread

Old 05-30-2009, 12:57 PM
Hatty

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Rimfire vs AXI for Great Planes Reactor

I am looking to get the Great Planes Reactor, but am having second thoughts about what motor I should get. I have an AXI motor for another plane and I love it.

So, my question is what is your opinion of the Rimfire series and is it worth spending extra money on the AXI?

My second question is what is an equivalent AXI motor to the Rimfire 35-30-950? I have my opinion, but I just want to see what others think. I will be using the plane mostly for agressive aerobatics and 3D maneuvers so I would like to have a pretty good watt rating.

Thanks
Old 05-30-2009, 06:17 PM
speedy72vega

Default RE: Rimfire vs AXI for Great Planes Reactor

I use Rimfire motors on 2 of my planes, they're excellent in my opinion. They're lighter and put out more power than most equivalent motors.

I wouldn't hesitate to use any Rimfire, the price is pretty reasonable on them also. I also use Electrifly ESC's, never once had a problem with any of them.

Old 06-10-2009, 05:16 PM
zac dady

Default RE: Rimfire vs AXI for Great Planes Reactor

I used the rimfie 35-30-1250 with my reator i'm really happy with it.