Community
Search
Notices
Brushed/Brushless motors, speed controls, gear drives Discuss all aspects of brushless motors, brushed motors, speed controls (ESC's), gear drives and propellers in this forum.

e-flite Park 250 Prop Adapter

Search this Thread

Old 06-25-2009, 07:30 AM
eroc144
My Feedback: (1)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default e-flite Park 250 Prop Adapter

Hey folks,

My family got me an Enticement and e-flite Park 250 for Father's day - it's good to be me! I'm currently using the o-rings to attach the prop, but the motor also came with a silver prop adapter and for the life of me I can't figure out how to connect it to the motor. The instructions have a section on reversing the shaft installation and say you can have it exit through the front of the motor, but when I push the shaft through the housing goes with it.

Has anyone done this or have thoughts? I've attached a picture of the motor, mount & adapter, and a link to the instructions.

EG

[link=http://www.horizonhobby.com/ProdInfo/Files/EFLPark250OutrunnerInstructions.pdf]eflite park 250 instructions[/link]
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Us52840.jpg
Views:	70
Size:	17.7 KB
ID:	1224458  
Old 06-25-2009, 10:42 AM
Devin McGrath

Default RE: e-flite Park 250 Prop Adapter

its not good to use the silver prop adapter for this particular model just use the o ring with the two small screws in the front of the motor. In my experience the best prop for this set up is a GWS 8 x 4.3 sf prop it gives the best all around performance with that motor and a 2 cell pack. Hope this heps.
Old 06-25-2009, 01:37 PM
Capt.RJM

Do your self a favor and DO NOT try to move the shaft foward. There is a small c-clip holding the shaft in place. According to Hoyle if removed you should be able to push the shaft back into the rotor assembly. After applying pressure,heat and small amount of tapping, all I accomplished was to destroy the houseing. Now I have a good rotor and a junk squirrel cage.

Capt.RJM
Old 06-26-2009, 03:51 PM
eroc144

Thanks guys. I've got an 8x4 GWS prop and a 2 cell LiPO.

I guess the next question is where do I get a large number of these O-Rings, and what size O-ring do I need for this motor?

EG
Old 06-26-2009, 09:24 PM
Capt.RJM

On one of the threads here the guys are picking up the small rubber bands the girls use to make pony tails. I found some at the local super market in the womans hair alise. One dollar for 150 small rubber bands,really cheap. They are small and are easier to put on. You must double them up in a fold and are a snap to put on with tweezers. I have been useing these on my eflite Jenny and my slow stick with no problems.

Any hydralic hose shop will have the small o rings in stock and so will some auto-parts store. But I found these difficult to put on and take off with my hands and these bi-focals.

Capt.RJM
Old 06-27-2009, 05:59 AM
whitecrest

Try this:
[link]http://www.oringsandmore.com/servlet/StoreFront[/link]
They have many sizes of O-rings. I have had good luck selecting fairly large sizes that don't have to be stretched too much.
Old 06-27-2009, 07:02 AM
eroc144

EXCELLLENT!!!
Old 06-28-2009, 08:35 AM
Glacier Girl
My Feedback: (4)

Even better is latex tubing. Next time you're in Walmart or similar, take a stroll over to the kids toys. Look for a slingshot. The stretchy tubing used on them is latex tubing.
Remove the tubing, and slice off a couple of pieces. You now have retainers. And unlike O rings they won't deteriorate as fast.

O rings, especialy auto ones are built to be used as seals, not stretched like a rubber band. After only a couple of flights look close at the O rings you'll see em starting to come apart. The sun and stretching kills em pretty quick.

Only down side to using latex is if you're allergic to it.
Old 07-15-2009, 02:38 PM
krauterrrr

To Capt.RJM I need a new rotor for my E-flite Park 250. Do you want to part with yours?
Old 02-15-2010, 10:27 AM
jgillum

I too made the mistake of trying to remove the O-ring and trying to push the shaft to use the silver prop adaptor.

C clamp came off pretty easy...

Shaft was seized up, didnt just slide.

In the process of lightly tapping the shaft to slide it my center lead came unhooked from the motor.

Ive tried to re-solder with no luck.

I have a new Eflight park 250 brushless motor coming.

I guess this time i will leave the shaft the way it comes and just stick it through the foam firewall.

Better than ruining another $50 motor.