Community
Search
Notices
Brushed/Brushless motors, speed controls, gear drives Discuss all aspects of brushless motors, brushed motors, speed controls (ESC's), gear drives and propellers in this forum.

MYSTERY BRUSHLESS ESC 60A & 80A

Search this Thread

Old 06-28-2009, 04:19 AM
williamsgang

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default MYSTERY BRUSHLESS ESC 60A & 80A

Hi, i bought these 2 from ebay and tried to get them to work. when i connect the 60A ESCto my 3S lipo battery 11.1v and then to my receiver, the motor does a few beeps but the receiver is not getting any power. I am using a spectrum receiver. the same thing happens when i connect the 80A ESC. Does anyone know is i am doing something wrong or should i be doing something different to get power to the receiver so that i cna then try and progm the ESC. Any help would be appreciated

Old 06-28-2009, 08:21 AM
Glacier Girl
My Feedback: (4)

Default RE: MYSTERY BRUSHLESS ESC 60A & 80A

Almost sounds like you bought a pair of esc's that don't have bec's in them.
Ummm, first things first. Make sure everything is plugged together, and the tx is on BEFORE you plug in the pack.

Now if you have one try plugging in a rx pack into a spare socket on the rx. If you don't have an rx pack, use another esc and pack, and plug the spare esc into an open socket on the rx. If your new esc now works and the rx has power, you've bought a pair of esc's that will need a separate power source for the rx as the esc don't have bec's in them.

You'll either need to fly with an rx pack, or use a stand alone bec, often called a ubec.

Esc's built in bec limit the number of cells you can run on the esc. You'll often see in the specs of the esc it lists number of cells with and without the bec connected.

These non equipt esc's are often used where the power demand to run lots of servos and the rx make it not cost effective to build in a bec to handle the load.
A stand alone bec, roughly around $40.00 for a decent one would have to be added to the price of the esc you bought if it was equipt that way.
Old 08-08-2009, 08:01 AM
coolink13
My Feedback: (3)

I just found this post??? I have the Mystery 100A ESC. I too Get a series of beeps when I plug in the power. I got It to work with instructions they Sent me. But they are terrible. Not sure What I set??
Then It stopped working. Then I tried another time to get ESC to work and it went to full throttle where I had to disconnect the power to shut off. That's where Iam at with this ESC. I t was less than 30.00 shipped. So not a big deal. It this point I rather would have put the 30.00 towards a MONSTER MAMBA. Let me know How you made out with yours??
Old 08-18-2009, 02:39 PM
opjose

I've used a few of these w/o problems. Not the greatest ESC's but they do work.

However as previously posted, there is no BEC on board the higher amp units.

I believe the BECs disappear around 60A.

Even on the lesser ESC's the BEC's used are "linear" instead of switching.

That means if you use a 3S pack, you should be using no more than 3 standard servos with the on board BEC.

With a higher cell count, you need to switch to a separate BEC.

BTW: The Turnigy programming cards work with the Mystery ESC's.

Old 11-19-2009, 09:41 PM
WILDGAS

I'm looking any instruction about these esc: I have a 100a Pentium Yellow version. Do you know where can I find?
Old 11-20-2009, 04:42 PM
opjose

If you have the low voltage version of the Pentium 100a, use this manual:

[link=http://www.hobbywing.com/upload/manual/ESC_e.pdf]100A manual[/link]

If you have the HV ( high voltage ) version use this manual

[link=http://www.hobbywing.com/upload/manual/ESC_HV_e.pdf]High Voltage version.[/link]
Old 11-28-2009, 12:13 PM
DCX

I know that each one needed just one programming input, or they would run for 3 Secs and shut off. Came with "factory programed" noted everywhere, but just ran, 3 for Secs & shut off. I inspected the programmed parameters, and they were all OK. So what's the problem I asked myself. I knew, just toggle one variable, I did the Lipo to nimh & back again, and it worked. These come "locked up" like this. So just one small adjustment makes them run for more than 3 Secs. I have a bunch of these and never a problem except a large spark when connecting the battery. I use only Pulso now.

Had any luck yet? "BEC" will be printed on the label if it has it.
Doug