Community
Search
Notices
Brushed/Brushless motors, speed controls, gear drives Discuss all aspects of brushless motors, brushed motors, speed controls (ESC's), gear drives and propellers in this forum.

Stevens Aero RV4 power?

Search this Thread

Old 09-14-2009, 06:34 PM
RC_Kiwi

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Stevens Aero RV4 power?

Hi

I am looking at getting a Stevens Aero RV4 kit and don't want to spend big $$$ on motors and ESC. THe brushless motor they recommend is the Hacker A20-20L but that is about $80-90 NZD which is too much for me. I was wondering what the towerpro/turnigy equivalent would be? Would this work [link=http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbycity/store/uh_viewItem.asp?idProduct=2048&Product_Name=hacker_Style_Brushless_Outrunner_20-20L]http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbycity/store/uh_viewItem.asp?idProduct=2048&Product_Name=hacker_Style_Brushless_Outrunner_20-20L[/link]? I haven't heard of these motors so I'm not sure what they are like. Any advice would be helpful. Because I'm in NZ the American price of an item is about 175% more in NZD.

Thanks
Kiwi
Old 09-26-2009, 12:42 AM
stevensaero

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Stevens Aero RV4 power?

How about sticking to the suggested brushed motor GWS EPS-350C-CS 5.33:1, 9x7 - 10x8 SF prop and 2-Cell 900-1300 mAh lipo. The Stevens AeroModel RV-4 was developed long before brushless hit the scene and flies with authority on this simple inexpensive brushed motor. If you simply must go brushless any 70-130W motor is going to provide more than enough go. The A20-20L is simply the class leader in parkflyer performance and is capable of well over those power figures but matches up weight-wise very well with the 350C brushed motor it replaces.

To this day I still fly my RV-4 on brushed power - flies great on this power.

-Bill