Notices
Brushed/Brushless motors, speed controls, gear drives Discuss all aspects of brushless motors, brushed motors, speed controls (ESC's), gear drives and propellers in this forum.

hacker x55-sb-pro....... bec

Old 10-18-2009, 08:27 AM
pilotman-RCU
My Feedback: (13)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default hacker x55-sb-pro....... bec

does anyone no if i need a seperate bec for this speed controller. it says it has a switching bec and the bec load is 2 to 6 servos. ill be running a 4 cell........ thanks
Old 10-20-2009, 12:07 PM
OEMFlyer

Default RE: hacker x55-sb-pro....... bec

It depends on the size of the servos. Generally smaller servos use less current than larger ones. Also, digital servos use more current than analog servos of the same size. That being said, if you have the room in your plane it is always better to have a seperate bec if you think you are even close to the current limit. For what little more that it costs it is good insurance.
Old 10-21-2009, 07:35 AM
pilotman-RCU
My Feedback: (13)

Default RE: hacker x55-sb-pro....... bec

thanks for your help, im only running 4 hs65,s with the 4 cell. i will give it a test flight today. the only thing i noticed is when i plug in the battery my servos are chattering and glitching until the speed control does its sounds for detecing the amount of cells im using . when the sounds finish the chattering also stops. just wondering if this is normal because i never noticed this using a 3 cell with other airplanes............it seems to me that everything is getting to much power at the initial plug in of the battery..........does anyone know about this? thanks.........