Community
Search
Notices
Brushed/Brushless motors, speed controls, gear drives Discuss all aspects of brushless motors, brushed motors, speed controls (ESC's), gear drives and propellers in this forum.

how do I match parts?

Search this Thread

Old 12-09-2009, 11:06 AM
Rockfish88

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default how do I match parts?

Hello

I am looking at buying a model that recommends an 11.1v battery coupled with an E-Flite Power 32 brushless motor, 2 JR Sport ST47 servos, and a Castle Creations Thunderbird 54 ESC. I am looking at receivers, and considering the Spektrum AR500, since I only need two channels. But the Spektrum specs say 3.5 to 9.6 volts. So I can't use that with this 11.1 volt battery system? I have s Spektrum Dx6i, and two servos and a motor tells me that I have plenty of channels but how do I otherwise assure that all these parts will work together? And what about the voltage on the receiver?

Any advice appreciated. The plane is a StevensAero Frede, the large version.

Thanks!
Old 12-09-2009, 12:55 PM
bassmanh
My Feedback: (5)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: how do I match parts?

rock,

the ESC should have a BEC (battery eliminator cuircit ) that takes the voltage down to most likely 5 amps to run your RX and servos. (pulls the voltage from your main pack)
read the instructions that came with the ESC it should say some where in there about the BEC , as there are a few without the BEC that you need to use a seperate rx battery pack. (i have a couple for my larger planes that use alot of servos)

as far as the rx i dont know anything about them as i use futaba, so hopefully someone else can chime in about that.

hope this helps some.

bass
Old 12-09-2009, 04:17 PM
pilotpete2

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: how do I match parts?

You'll be fine with that setup. as bassmanh said, the ESC has a built in BEC (battery eliminator circuit) that regulates the battery voltage down to 5.1Vdc for the receiver and servos. Two sport servos should be fine on that controller. CC controllers have a BEC circuit rated at 3A[8D].
Pete