Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Tuning engines

I just purchased a Volcano S30 with a sh.18 engines. I was doing the break in process and having a hard time tuning it. I was wondering what's the best way to tune my engine as for as the idle goes and the best adjustment to get full throttle and the truck not constanly rolling? Also the best way to adjust the break. Thanks for any help.

RE: Tuning engines

Put the truck up where you can work on it and the wheels spin freely.
    First adjust the throttle trim so that at neurtal throttle the car idles fine and the brakes are off. Take off the air filter so you can see inside the carb for this step.
    With the car running adjust the throttle trim until the car idles where you want it. (it will look like just a sliver of a gap where air gets in the carb)
    If trimming the throttle setting doesnt work, you may need to remove the servo arm and adjust.
    only after this is set you should worry about adjusting the idle screw on your carb.
    pm me if your still having issues