Notices
Car Nitro & Gas Engines Discuss all aspects of Nitro and Gas rc car engines here!

30 cc engine gasoline type

Old 03-03-2012, 07:16 AM
007mrdr

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 30 cc engine gasoline type

im gonna buy a rampage xt that has 30 cc engine and i did a whole lot of research and people say that the right feul and oil mixture is 25:1. and people reccomend 93 octane gasoline but where i live the lowest octane is 95 octane unleaded gasoline will the 95 octane fuel ruin my engine ? and will all 2 stroke motor oil work with it ? or are there any other things i need to look for ? and can you guys tell me the break in proccess for the gas engine thx
Old 03-03-2012, 07:48 AM
1QwkSport2.5r

Received 75 Likes on 68 Posts
Default RE: 30 cc engine gasoline type

ORIGINAL: 007mrdr

im gonna buy a rampage xt that has 30 cc engine and i did a whole lot of research and people say that the right feul and oil mixture is 25:1. and people reccomend 93 octane gasoline but where i live the lowest octane is 95 octane unleaded gasoline will the 95 octane fuel ruin my engine ? and will all 2 stroke motor oil work with it ? or are there any other things i need to look for ? and can you guys tell me the break in proccess for the gas engine thx
Higher octane gasoline has a higher ability to resist spark-knock (detonation). Higher octane gas also burns slower. Higher octane gas isnt going to hurt your 2-stroke gas engine. 2-stroke engines tend to perform better on higher octane gas anyway. I use premium/high octane in all of my small gas engines.

You want to use a good high quality oil for air cooled engines. Do not use oil designed for an outboard engine, which is water cooled.

I always add more oil to break in a new engine. For a gas 2-stroke, I would break it in on 20:1 mineral oil and for normal operation I'd run 25:1-32:1 synthetic oil. The extra oil in a cramped R/C car engine isnt necessarily a bad thing so to be safe, I'd run the recommended 25:1 after break-in.