Community
Search
Notices
Car Nitro & Gas Engines Discuss all aspects of Nitro and Gas rc car engines here!

No LSN?

Search this Thread

Old 04-05-2012, 02:04 AM
drsquirrel

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default No LSN?

I have only previously worked with a .18 engine slide carb that had Idle, LSN and HSN - that I can deal with.

But I have one now (.18 again) with a rotary carb and only 2 adjustments. One is defo HSN, and the other is the idle speed screw (from reading online), although it doesn't seem to change anything.

I can't find much online regarding this and im having trouble getting the brake to engage without closing off the carb and stalling the engine (which might just be a mechanical issue of course).

Same as this http://www.r2hobbies.com/images/VH-201/03.jpg (although the carb on there is reversed). Or am I missing someway to adjust the LSN?
Old 04-05-2012, 03:04 PM
1QwkSport2.5r

Received 76 Likes on 69 Posts
Default RE: No LSN?

ORIGINAL: drsquirrel

I have only previously worked with a .18 engine slide carb that had Idle, LSN and HSN - that I can deal with.

But I have one now (.18 again) with a rotary carb and only 2 adjustments. One is defo HSN, and the other is the idle speed screw (from reading online), although it doesn't seem to change anything.

I can't find much online regarding this and im having trouble getting the brake to engage without closing off the carb and stalling the engine (which might just be a mechanical issue of course).

Same as this http://www.r2hobbies.com/images/VH-201/03.jpg (although the carb on there is reversed). Or am I missing someway to adjust the LSN?
Old 04-05-2012, 03:06 PM
1QwkSport2.5r

What I see on the engine you pictured, is a single needle carb with the top screw controlling idle speed. Screwing this screw in sets the idle stop. If hitting the brakes stops the engine, turn the idle screw in until it quits stopping the engine.
Old 04-08-2012, 07:56 AM
drsquirrel

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

My trouble before was getting the idle screw to work, I got it sorted now by holding the carb open and screwing the idle all the way in (before setting it correctly), now works as intended and idles perfect.

I wasn't sure what to call the carb with a single needle (seems obvious now) so I was able to look it up, and can see the pitfalls (and "benefits") , I have a spare engine with a 2 needle carb so will probably swap it over sometime.
Old 04-08-2012, 09:17 AM
1QwkSport2.5r

My trouble before was getting the idle screw to work, I got it sorted now by holding the carb open and screwing the idle all the way in (before setting it correctly), now works as intended and idles perfect.

I wasn't sure what to call the carb with a single needle (seems obvious now) so I was able to look it up, and can see the pitfalls (and ''benefits'') , I have a spare engine with a 2 needle carb so will probably swap it over sometime.
The cheaper RTR sport engines usually come with a SNV carburetor. Some SNV carbs are actually very very well made and meter fuel very well whereas others often have good top end but a soggy bottom end and midrange because the fuel curve isnt metered well in the low-mid rpm range. The best carb is a 3-needle because each part of the power band can be adjusted; idle, midrange, and WOT.

Most SNV carbs work "good" but a 2 or 3 needle work "better".

Good to hear you got it set right.