Community
Search
Notices
Car Nitro & Gas Engines Discuss all aspects of Nitro and Gas rc car engines here!

An even Sicker Truggy engine

Search this Thread

Old 06-15-2012, 10:11 PM
supertib

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default An even Sicker Truggy engine

If you liked the P5, your going to love the Bonito...... this engine is absolutely sick

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VrJ-mI1a2bs[/youtube]
Old 06-16-2012, 07:15 AM
Ttowntoolman

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: An even Sicker Truggy engine

Sounds like she rips.........I got to say though it is hard for me to see that this engine does indeed rip. I am not an offroad guy, I race oval. All your videos to me look like your buggy/truggy is not hardly moving at all. I hear stout revving, but that about it. I see a bug/trug bumbling around a track and it does not look at all fast. Before you had the big azz tripple jump and it did help show the power your making.

I am used to looking at cars screeming around an oval, so off road looks kinda slow to me. No offence to anyone intended, it's just what I am used to. I think I am interested in the power your making, I just need to see it on an oval or even on the street for me to realize what you have there Neil.
Old 06-16-2012, 07:51 AM
savagecommander

so are there ANY online forums that arent propagated with your videos and marketing?

seriously, if i could see ONE other engine modifier start posting on RCU......
Old 06-16-2012, 08:58 AM
supertib

ORIGINAL: Ttowntoolman

Sounds like she rips.........I got to say though it is hard for me to see that this engine does indeed rip. I am not an offroad guy, I race oval. All your videos to me look like your buggy/truggy is not hardly moving at all. I hear stout revving, but that about it. I see a bug/trug bumbling around a track and it does not look at all fast. Before you had the big azz tripple jump and it did help show the power your making.

I am used to looking at cars screeming around an oval, so off road looks kinda slow to me. No offence to anyone intended, it's just what I am used to. I think I am interested in the power your making, I just need to see it on an oval or even on the street for me to realize what you have there Neil.

We do oval engines too...but the guys are too busy winning to take the time to tell anyone what they are running. LOL....seriously

here is a video that snuck by

car #1 and #2 are running Clocked 28-7...they TQ'd the event, set track record by 4 laps and also took the event 1st and 2nd..and have since taken every event they have raced at.....If you want the fastest engines possible my 28-7 is going to hard to beat......its an absolute beast...One of my now current customers was at that race running a OS 28 modified by another company, his exact words were that my 28-7's were going thru the rest of the field like pylons.....

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Mk3nMiH4x5w&feature=plcp[/youtube]

Old 06-16-2012, 11:50 AM
nitroexpress

Single vehicle videos are somewhat interesting, but not all that informational.

I remember seeing a SavageSam video where he was running a CRE motor in a race. It really sounded good and seemed to be ripping. Then I notice 2 vehicles pacing him.

So what's the point of all these videos other than pimping CRE?
Old 06-16-2012, 11:53 AM
savagecommander

ORIGINAL: nitroexpress

inflating ego?
Old 06-16-2012, 12:05 PM
supertib

And even more Clocked power

Clocked OS 28 !!!

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wkDTWMaIV8Y[/youtube]
Old 06-16-2012, 12:07 PM
supertib

And my new prototype 7 port !!! running the Buku composite shoes in my Serpent 811T

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LHfDpytd-44[/youtube]

Smooth,powerful, good on fuel and totally badass.........
Old 06-16-2012, 12:18 PM
supertib

I remember seeing a SavageSam video where he was running a CRE motor in a race. It really sounded good and seemed to be ripping. Then I notice 2 vehicles pacing him.

If you dont like it, then don''t look at it....... pretty simple dude !

let me know where you race and what your name is, I will see if any of my team guys are local to you as they would be more then happy to give you a little live demo !!!!
Old 06-16-2012, 01:38 PM
proanti1
My Feedback: (2)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Isn't this considered spamming and against RCU policy?
Old 06-16-2012, 03:11 PM
Foxy

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

ORIGINAL: proanti1

Isn't this considered spamming and against RCU policy?
Doesn't technically break any rules. The harshest action I could take is to move it to the videos thread. However, I will say this...

Don't push your luck Neal. If enough people complain...
Old 06-16-2012, 07:26 PM
nitroexpress

ORIGINAL: supertib

If you dont like it, then don''t look at it....... pretty simple dude !

let me know where you race and what your name is, I will see if any of my team guys are local to you as they would be more then happy to give you a little live demo !!!!
Why would you want to give me a demo? I'm not a potential customer. Must have something to do withchest thumping.

You've already stated (more than once) that you're the sharpest tool in the shed. Since we know that you are never wrong, a demo would be a waste of time.

You have good info that you couldshare without the pimping. It's the crass pimping that annoys people. Try staying generic.
Old 06-16-2012, 09:49 PM
supertib

And here is my latest creation..a prototype 7 port Novarossi

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LHfDpytd-44[/youtube]

As for posting videos...I enjoy posting videos..I enjoy nitro engines and I am hardcore nitro engine enthusiast... I Am not by any means only here to cash in and make money as some seem to accuse me of... In fact I turn away most inquiries that come from this forum, I turn away dozens if not hundreds of SH,LRP,Go,Alpha inquiries....If all I was after was making fast money, I would mod every engine under the sun and take the paycheck....But I am not, I could care less about making money doing this...I do this because I am passionate about engines and I absolutely love doing what I do........ And I definitely do feel we run these engines at a much higher level than most people have experienced, and I feel it is a shame as I do feel if more people got exposed to engines of this caliber that the Nitro engine hobby would actually grow........ IMHO I feel it is a shame when 90% of the people who ever buy a nitro never get much past running RTR engines...Not that there is anything wrong with RTR engines, but they simly do not offer the same experience as a wound out race engine........ I feel me posting my videos shows the world what nitro engines are capable of, and I feel strongly that my videos show something very few others have shown..... I see electric making a huge surge in the hobby, which is awesome and all, but its shameful when most people give up on nitro without even scratching the surface of nitros full performance potential........I feel the more people who experience engines like mine the more people we will have addicted to the hobby.......I am spreading the gospel, but not for the selfish reasons the people here want to accuse me of... tho my business is very successful, I do not do this for the money, I do this because I love doing it, and would think of very few other things I would rather be doing...........Now of course I think my work stands out..you usually can physically see and hear when my engines are running ..and the only reason for this is because I doubt many others have put in the amount of time,money and work developing these engines as I have.......There is no magic to my success, no snake oil, no magic... just good old fashioned hard work .......... I may own Clockwork Racing Engines, but I am a nitro engine enthusiast first and foremost........and even f I didn't own CRE I Would be posting engine videos online..... I enjoy testing and tweaking engines, and I feel it is my right to be able to share my experiences with the forums without persecution.... Honestly I feel that on this forum unless your running some budget RC with a budget engine you get discriminated against........yes I run high end gear, yes I run the fanciest of engines, but that doesn't make me any less of a enthusiast as anyone else here............
Old 06-17-2012, 02:30 AM
savagecommander

step off your soap box neal, sounding like youre just trying to be "for the hobby" is a day late and a few dollars short. lets not forget the threads you proclaim your excellence in engine modification.

you own a business, and all your videos are of your products.

im done about it.
Old 06-17-2012, 04:44 AM
supertib

ORIGINAL: savagecommander

step off your soap box neal, sounding like youre just trying to be ''for the hobby'' is a day late and a few dollars short. lets not forget the threads you proclaim your excellence in engine modification.

you own a business, and all your videos are of your products. thats advertising. too many threads get turned into ''how can neal sell engines today'' [:'(][:'(][:'(]

im done about it.

your just jealous dude...your piss poor and live in Michigan....I get it...........you hate me because I stand for all the high end gear you cannot afford.......while I am out working in my fancy shop, running fancy engines and fancy RC machines, living at my beach front house, you are sitting here trolling on RCU as that is all you can afford to do I get it !!!!!

I wish we could meet up dude....I played hokey all my life and I would rather punch you in the face then argue with you online........but like most of your type, you hide behind the keyboard, as you are not man enough to step out from behind the safety of the keyboard and take responsibility for all your words.......
Old 06-17-2012, 05:27 AM
1QwkSport2.5r

Received 76 Likes on 69 Posts

I've had interest in buying higher class engines for my RC cars, but due to the economic downturn this world is enduring, the small company I work for had to cut my pay $3 an hour just to keep the doors open (as well as every other employee that works there) really hurts my hobby budget. I dont know about anyone else, but I for one, cannot afford a $300-400 engine to bash with. Whether it stomps the snot out of my "RTR Class engines" or not, I dont care. If I could afford a better quality/more powerful engine, I would in a heartbeat.

I might be "piss poor", but I'm fine with that. My $100 Traxxas and SH engines run every time I start them and rarely take much effort to get them to run well for what I use them for. Until I win the lottery, I'll keep adding gallon tally marks on my cheap RTR engines.

I have several airplane engines I run, some from Italy, some from Japan, and several from the US. My one single Taiwanese engine, a TT Pro .46 is a sweetheart. I never have to adjust the idle mixture and the high speed mixture never needs more than 1/16th turn to run at peak from one day to the next. Not to mention its designed for 10-15% nitro and I can as-good of rpm from it on 5% as guys do on 15%. Its too bad RC car fuel tanks cant be adapted to use a Uniflow setup. Even a lame low compression engine can run an entire tank of fuel without needing a needle adjustment. Its funny, too.. So many guys just love OS engines.... Until the nickel liner plating peels off. Then they go get true chrome plated brass sleeve from a Chinese ASP/Magnum engine and drop it in the OS to make it a true ABC. Pretty sad that Chinese parts in a Japanese engine make it run better, stronger, and with a tighter fit than the original OS parts.

I know that isnt an apples to apples comparison... but the general concensus of some folks is if its Chinese or Taiwanese (republic of China) its junk. I disagree both for the car realm as well as the airplane realm.

Run what you can afford. If you can afford a badass $400 engine, more power to you. I'm not trying to sell cheap engines or convince anyone they are better. They are what I can afford. They run better on my homebrew fuel than they do on storebought fuel too. Perhaps some of the issues people face with their cheap engines are related to the less than ideal pre-mixed fuels that are available today than the build quality of the engine itself.

I'm done ranting.. commence the flaming. I need some heat to pop my popcorn.
Old 06-17-2012, 05:45 AM
supertib

ORIGINAL: 1QwkSport2.5r

I've had interest in buying higher class engines for my RC cars, but due to the economic downturn this world is enduring, the small company I work for had to cut my pay $3 an hour just to keep the doors open (as well as every other employee that works there) really hurts my hobby budget. I dont know about anyone else, but I for one, cannot afford a $300-400 engine to bash with. Whether it stomps the snot out of my ''RTR Class engines'' or not, I dont care. If I could afford a better quality/more powerful engine, I would in a heartbeat.

I might be ''piss poor'', but I'm fine with that. My $100 Traxxas and SH engines run every time I start them and rarely take much effort to get them to run well for what I use them for. Until I win the lottery, I'll keep adding gallon tally marks on my cheap RTR engines.

I have several airplane engines I run, some from Italy, some from Japan, and several from the US. My one single Taiwanese engine, a TT Pro .46 is a sweetheart. I never have to adjust the idle mixture and the high speed mixture never needs more than 1/16th turn to run at peak from one day to the next. Not to mention its designed for 10-15% nitro and I can as-good of rpm from it on 5% as guys do on 15%. Its too bad RC car fuel tanks cant be adapted to use a Uniflow setup. Even a lame low compression engine can run an entire tank of fuel without needing a needle adjustment. Its funny, too.. So many guys just love OS engines.... Until the nickel liner plating peels off. Then they go get true chrome plated brass sleeve from a Chinese ASP/Magnum engine and drop it in the OS to make it a true ABC. Pretty sad that Chinese parts in a Japanese engine make it run better, stronger, and with a tighter fit than the original OS parts.

I know that isnt an apples to apples comparison... but the general concensus of some folks is if its Chinese or Taiwanese (republic of China) its junk. I disagree both for the car realm as well as the airplane realm.

Run what you can afford. If you can afford a badass $400 engine, more power to you. I'm not trying to sell cheap engines or convince anyone they are better. They are what I can afford. They run better on my homebrew fuel than they do on storebought fuel too. Perhaps some of the issues people face with their cheap engines are related to the less than ideal pre-mixed fuels that are available today than the build quality of the engine itself.

I'm done ranting.. commence the flaming. I need some heat to pop my popcorn.

Dude... I have no issue with you..or what you run

I am the one being discriminated against, not the other way around.....

And dont even talk to me about economy..I grew up where our dollar was only worth $0.55 USD...to buy anything RC used to cost me double what you would have paid.......You guys whine about engine prices today, but compared to 10 years ago its peanuts to buy a good engine today........never before have you been able to buy soo much for soo little............ And I know all about a sour economy...I work day and night to make a profit, I doubt a week goes by that I dont work 70 hours.......

In the end I dont care what you run, I am the one who is targeted for not running the cheaper gear........
Old 06-17-2012, 05:50 AM
savagecommander

neal, we both know you dont have beachfront property, nor do you have a fancy shop. and your engine only show a power increase after peak compared to stock. thats just simple flow jobs- no real science there.
Old 06-17-2012, 06:40 AM
proanti1
My Feedback: (2)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

ORIGINAL: savagecommander

step off your soap box neal, sounding like youre just trying to be ''for the hobby'' is a day late and a few dollars short. lets not forget the threads you proclaim your excellence in engine modification.

you own a business, and all your videos are of your products. thats advertising. too many threads get turned into ''how can neal sell engines today'' [:'(][:'(][:'(]

im done about it.

your just jealous dude...your piss poor and live in Michigan....I get it...........you hate me because I stand for all the high end gear you cannot afford.......while I am out working in my fancy shop, running fancy engines and fancy RC machines, living at my beach front house, you are sitting here trolling on RCU as that is all you can afford to do I get it !!!!!

I wish we could meet up dude....I played hokey all my life and I would rather punch you in the face then argue with you online........but like most of your type, you hide behind the keyboard, as you are not man enough to step out from behind the safety of the keyboard and take responsibility for all your words.......
HAHA, oh my god dude.

This is not the way you sell stuff.
Old 06-17-2012, 06:41 AM
1QwkSport2.5r

Received 76 Likes on 69 Posts

Dude... I have no issue with you..or what you run

I am the one being discriminated against, not the other way around.....

And dont even talk to me about economy..I grew up where our dollar was only worth $0.55 USD...to buy anything RC used to cost me double what you would have paid.......You guys whine about engine prices today, but compared to 10 years ago its peanuts to buy a good engine today........never before have you been able to buy soo much for soo little............ And I know all about a sour economy...I work day and night to make a profit, I doubt a week goes by that I dont work 70 hours.......

In the end I dont care what you run, I am the one who is targeted for not running the cheaper gear........
I have seen numerous posts by several guys downing the RTR cheapies. I can't quote word for word, but I have seen you refer to RTR engines as junk. I dont care though. I run what I can afford.

You dont have to live in Canada if you dont want to, so dont complain to me about the exchange rate. Peanuts to you is a gold mine to me. You always sound like money is unlimited when you speak of these "great" engines. The value per dollar may be there, but the cost is still high. Pricing has come down some, but not within enough of a margin for the general public to be able to afford a Nova or Picco IMO.

Nonetheless, I believe you set yourself up for being targeted in the way you word your posts and the replies you make to people that challenge you. Its very easy to get defensive when someone challenges you.. I deal with that all the time. IMHO, its about perception. If you put yourself out there to be perceived as "my engines are better than yours" then you will get the treatment you get. You put yourself and your engines on a pedestal far above many others and that ticks people off. I see the same thing from the OS fanboys. I do not doubt your work and skill, but I do doubt how you go about showcasing it because I think it invites bickering. No offense, but thats the way it seems to me.

If you put yourself out there to be targeted, you will be. A phrase comes to mind that I think everyone should think about... "Govern your words, don't let your words govern you."

I'm not going to pursue this any farther because this thread will end up like every other thread you start. Its one's opinion versus another's opinion. There will be no common compromise because you are so passionate about what you use and do.

I'm not calling you out or saying you're wrong.. I'm not saying you didnt suffer and I am. All I'm really saying is if you dont want to be targeted, dont put yourself out there to be targeted. Its pretty simple in my mind.
Old 06-17-2012, 11:32 AM
Foxy

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Following deletion of numerous posts, this thread is closed.