Notices
Car Nitro & Gas Engines Discuss all aspects of Nitro and Gas rc car engines here!

OS 28xz or LRP zr.32

Old 07-27-2012, 10:12 AM
svmagnum

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default OS 28xz or LRP zr.32

I got both of those engines for exactly same price. Now i need to decide which one to use. I read other posts and saw mixed reviews. Most of the reviews indicate that because of the price of 28xz - LRPis better option. But i got them for same price so its not a factor. Would like to keep one and sell the other one.

I have Savage X and those engines will go there or some other monster truck.
It will be used mostly for bashing and not racing, I dont really care about that extra 10-15 miles/hour at top speed. i would like to be able to do wheelies, jumps and all that other fun stop while offroading. Which engine you would suggest considering they are same price and mostly used for bashing. I am horrible tuner and kind of a beginner to this hobby so would like to have easy tuning experience and not have to screw around with those needles all the time. If someonecould comment on the fuel consumption of both engines and power + torque of both. I read that 28xz has less fuel consumption and is as powerful as zr.32 so that makes it a better engine. But i doubt its that simple.
Full description of engines i got:
OS Max 28XZ(P) Truggy ABC 21J Slide Carb
and
LRP ZR.32 Spec. 2 Engine

Old 07-28-2012, 08:59 PM
svmagnum

Default RE: OS 28xz or LRP zr.32

Anyone? Need help deciding
Old 07-28-2012, 09:29 PM
SLAYERDUDE

Since the O.S. is a bumpstart you're going to use the other one...
http://www.osengines.com/engines/osmg2074.html

Not too hard to answer.

Old 07-28-2012, 11:30 PM
HerrSavage

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Either you got the OS 28 for a killer price, or you WAY overpaid for the LRP...

For what you say you want to do in a Savage, the LRP is the only one that will fit. It will also do everything you want - wheelie, fast, easy to tune, etc..

The OS is by all accounts a monster of an engine though - would love to try one in truggy.. It's bumpstart only though, so can't be run in an MT.. Hell, if you got it for that good a price, get a used truggy roller for it...
Old 07-29-2012, 10:01 AM
G.W.K.

Second that. About 200 Bucks for the LRP and 330 Bucks for the 28XZ isn´t exactly the same price range...The Picco .28 might be an alternative.
Old 07-29-2012, 02:25 PM
Foxy

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

The OS, by a country mile.
Old 07-30-2012, 10:50 AM
svmagnum

ORIGINAL: G.W.K.

Second that. About 200 Bucks for the LRP and 330 Bucks for the 28XZ isn´t exactly the same price range...The Picco .28 might be an alternative.
Thanks for answers.

I got LRP for 179 and OS for 190. Both brand new. So kinda same price.
Regarding the bump start its not a problem. I can get a new roller and sell this one.
Just need to figure out for bashing how the two engines stand against each other. Is OS a better engine vs LRPfor bashing. Or LRPis a better when it come to riding in the pit?Everywhere i read it seems that no one is using 28XZfor bashing - mostly for street cars and racing. So thats why i decided to ask a question here.

Old 07-30-2012, 12:32 PM
G.W.K.

Ah, i see, ok got ya a bargain there, nice.

As you found out yourself, the OS is a racing engine. The LRP engines are bashing engines, loads of power, easy to tune, but not that economic with fuel.

I think, you can´t really compare these to engines, because they are normally in different price segments. If ya browse the forum regarding the LRP engines, the feedback ist mostly positive.

Hell, i think, even the LRP ZR30 is more than enough power for a basher.
Old 07-30-2012, 01:45 PM
Foxy

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

More people would use racing engines to bash if they could justify the cost.
Old 07-30-2012, 10:21 PM
HerrSavage

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

You could also sell the OS, maybe for a small profit.. - and put the proceeds into other things - tires, pipe, clutch, spares, tuning, whatever... If you got it for such a good price, and can't afford to buy a roller for it, then selling it would put you ahead..

If you can afford it though, I say get a used truggy roller and put the OS 28 in it.. Awesome engine by so many accounts - so piece together a truck around it..