Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Sirio .23 Replacement for S-Maxx

I'm looking for a replacement to my tired Sirio .23 that's been in my S-Maxx since about 1999, and has been an excellent engine. I want something that's going to give me really long wheelies and something with high rpms...Im looking for a newer version of the Sirio .23, but not looking to spend what I spent for it back then...
    Traxxas S-Maxx, XTM XLB, Ultra LX Pro, Revo, FG 2WD MT, TT ST-1, Traxxas Jato

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

RE: Sirio .23 Replacement for S-Maxx

ORIGINAL: Thunderbird93

I'm looking for a replacement to my tired Sirio .23 that's been in my S-Maxx since about 1999, and has been an excellent engine. I want something that's going to give me really long wheelies and something with high rpms...Im looking for a newer version of the Sirio .23, but not looking to spend what I spent for it back then...
    What's your budget?
    GlowHead Brotherhood #3
    Using Dynamite, Enya, Fox, Jett, K&B, SH, Super Tigre, Thunder Tiger, and Traxxas engines.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

I just don't want to spend $300 like.I did for the Sirio...
    Traxxas S-Maxx, XTM XLB, Ultra LX Pro, Revo, FG 2WD MT, TT ST-1, Traxxas Jato

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

ORIGINAL: Thunderbird93

I just don't want to spend $300 like.I did for the Sirio...
    Well, for basic ideas.... You can spend about $120 and get an SH engine, either SH brand, Dynamite, LRP, XTM, etc. The SH brand (the actual company that makes all of those brands) is probably the cheapest. I have an SH .28 and it runs perfectly fine. Your other basic option is Picco. Those run roughly $200 or there abouts. Good strong reliable engines. Above that is stuff like the OS VG engines.. those are about $270.

These are basic ideas, there are numberous other engines out there, but thats the idea on cost. I've never ran a Picco or OS, but other guys on this forum have and I know the Picco's are stout performers.
    GlowHead Brotherhood #3
    Using Dynamite, Enya, Fox, Jett, K&B, SH, Super Tigre, Thunder Tiger, and Traxxas engines.