Community
Search
Notices
Car Nitro & Gas Engines Discuss all aspects of Nitro and Gas rc car engines here!

Tmaxx engine upgrade question

Search this Thread

Old 12-07-2012, 10:14 AM
jeffie8696

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Tmaxx engine upgrade question

OK, did the web search and found a lot of info on Tmaxxeseses but couldnt find exactly what Iam looking for. I would like to install different engines in my Tmaxseseses and am looking for options and opinions. Seems to me the exhaust is the hard part but there are units available. So what engines would you use? I like OS but cant see spending $300 for an OS21TM. Ican see about $200 but not sure what Ican make work. It will need to be a pull start version so that limits selection quite a bit. I am not a big fan of electric starters.
Old 12-07-2012, 11:07 AM
proptop
My Feedback: (8)

Default RE: Tmaxx engine upgrade question

Hi Jeff, how's it going?
I do occasional repair work for a LHS...I put a Picco Maxx .26 JL Red Dot in a T-Maxx for a guy, a while back...he seems to be quite happy with it. Picco makes real nice stuff...I have several of my own...got a P9-R Evo 2 in my Serpent 950R...still an awesome engine, even if it is 5-6 yrs. old.

The Picco Maxx w/pull start is available for around 200. and uses the stock Traxxas motor mount, and exhaust... or any equiv. aftermarket stuff.
Old 12-07-2012, 05:19 PM
jeffie8696

Hey buddy. After Iposted I found the Horizon website has at least 3 good Traxxas replacement engines. Funny, I have been looking for a while to find one and as soon as I asked I stumbled across them. The Dynamite 19 looks like a good inexpensive choice. Ibelieve they are made by SH and Ihave had good luck with SH engines.
Old 12-07-2012, 05:37 PM
proptop
My Feedback: (8)

Yeah, the Dynamite .19 is another one...
I agree, SH makes good engines, especially for the price. I've got a couple of 'em myself...the .28 and a Mach .26 (torquey and good Horsepower per dollar )
Old 12-07-2012, 06:20 PM
jeffie8696

Redcat trucks come with SH 18 engines and have surprisingly few engine problems. In fact Ithink Redcat would be a little better off with a slightly smaller engine. Even a 15 or 12 would be sufficient. They would hold up longer.
Old 12-09-2012, 10:06 AM
jeffie8696

Idid a check on youtube and found the Dynamite 19 on the Tmaxx is a good stock replacement which probably runs better than a Traxxas engine while the Picco 26 is a monster.
Wheelies on demand