Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Cars, Buggies, Trucks, Tanks and more > RC Car Engines > Car Nitro & Gas Engines
Reload this Page >

cvr 18 marine interchanged able with a cv 15

Notices
Car Nitro & Gas Engines Discuss all aspects of Nitro and Gas rc car engines here!

cvr 18 marine interchanged able with a cv 15

Old 03-15-2013, 03:12 PM
zen3

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default cvr 18 marine interchanged able with a cv 15

Ok. I have a rustler with a cv15 in it. I hqve Brand new in the box cvr marine engine. If I removed the water cooling head and replaced it, if the screws matched up, with the 15 car fins. Can the engine be used on a car. If so can I just switch over the clutch and gears to the 18? Motor mount screws line up looks like close to the same dementions. The only issue I see is that the 15 is pull start and the 18 has none which means the crank shaft needs to be switched wich I dont think it can. If all this is not possible can I use the carb off the 18 on the 15. What would the gains be like if all this was possible?