Community
Search
Notices
Car Nitro & Gas Engines Discuss all aspects of Nitro and Gas rc car engines here!

EarthQuake 3.5 Clutch problems i think

Search this Thread

Old 03-17-2013, 09:59 AM
Wiytboi

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default EarthQuake 3.5 Clutch problems i think

I have a Earthquake 3.5 im having some issues.. for starters if i was to just push the truck backwards.. it should roll backwards freely correct..? not stop like its in gear or brakes are on right?.. also when i pull my pullstart it turns the wheels with force.. that shouldnt happen either correct.. when i pull the pullstart it shouldnt learch forward right it should just stay in place..? So that being my issue.. can anyone point me in the right direction of the problem.. Would appreciate the help Thanks.
Old 03-17-2013, 01:35 PM
ejc34710

Default RE: EarthQuake 3.5 Clutch problems i think

Yes, sounds like a clutch issue. It shouldn't move when you try to start it. Pull the engine and clutch bell, that should reveal the problem.
Old 03-17-2013, 07:40 PM
rccheech

+1 on the above post, more than likely and broken clutch spring....not a big deal, easy fix.
Old 03-17-2013, 08:05 PM
Wiytboi

Yeah.. it was.. funny thing is i picked this truck up under the assumption that it was still a brand new Truggy... it looks the part.. if it was run it definitly could have been more then a few runs.. still as clean as it would be out of the box.. but the clutch was mangled in the bell. looked like the spring broke.. probably even broke doing break in or something like that..Now i just need to order a new clutch and see what goes from that point.. I really hope motors still in good working order..