Community
Search
Notices
Car Nitro & Gas Engines Discuss all aspects of Nitro and Gas rc car engines here!

3rd channel remote start

Search this Thread

Old 06-25-2013, 03:14 PM
knorris05882

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 3rd channel remote start

Ok here it is I've been trying to make a compact simple remote start off the 3rd channel my problem is I can't get the glow plug to ignite I used resistors to drop the voltage to 2 volts but it won't light if I hook start to power it blows but if I run it thru any resistor it won't light no matter how small the voltage drop I'm using a brushed esc to to power the car with a lipo and the starter motor I'm trying to not have the ez start board on the truck can anybody tell me how to get the glow plug to ignite off the esc power or the receiver power I'm stumped been at it for 3 days getting frustrated
Old 06-26-2013, 06:05 AM
knorris05882

Default RE: 3rd channel remote start

What no help here on this any idea is worth hearing I've tried everything I can think of
Old 06-26-2013, 08:23 AM
Anthoop

Default RE: 3rd channel remote start

Electrics are not my thing but a quick google found this product- http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/s...dproduct=15517
I am sure there will be other little boxes and of course other ways to achieve what you want.
If you wait for a few day you may find someone else will chime in with better knowledge.....good luck.
Old 09-08-2013, 07:39 PM
ChaosRider

Maybe you could use a ROSS module from LOSI. It is basically what you are trying to do
Old 09-09-2013, 08:26 AM
knorris05882

That's just it I'm not trying to have to use spectrum or losi start system which they have has trouble with I was looking for a in exspensive way to create the warmer and a switch to tell the ez to turn on I've made a kit where u can put traxxis ez start in any motor with the 1way inside the motor unlike traxxax which is outside I found what I need with a dual flip flop still ironing out the bugs so thanks for trying nobody else seems to know anything either lol
Old 09-09-2013, 02:20 PM
ChaosRider

I can confirm you taht there is no need for a spektrum radio to use the system (It worked on the 3rd channel of my cheap HK branded radio)
Maybe you could use the ROSS module to power the glowplug and EZ start motor (assuming that it was not that module that gave you problem to start with)
That little box provides the glow plug power and power a brushed starter motor so I guess it may do the job
Old 09-09-2013, 02:32 PM
ChaosRider

Or else, what you need is some kind of relay/switching circuit controlled by the RX signal and a voltage regulator that outputs 1.2v at some amps (don't know the amps draw of a glow plug) I think a microcontroller could be easily programmed to read rx signal and play with the outputs. maybe as a regulator you could use a PWM channel coupled with a transistor but I am not sure and would do extensive testing on that (maybe with a ADC input to monitor output voltage to stay within parameters). If the Amp draw of the starter motor is not to high, some kind of transistor would do the job as well.
What would bug me at this point is the footprint of it all and water/vibration proofing.That was why I was suggesting ROSS box, small box, not too expensive by itself and does all that.
Old 09-15-2013, 08:48 AM
turok007

im using a ez start and the turnigy receiver controlled switch.

forgot to say im using the 1st EZ start box it is half the size of the other one.

Last edited by turok007; 09-15-2013 at 09:51 AM.
Old 09-15-2013, 09:59 PM
knorris05882

But the question is what do u have it on? A traxxas or losi that already set up for a ez start? I've made all my redcats remote start I I have it figured out just need to make the printed pcb board using a double d mosfit, res, Zener diodes and a pot with a vo reg I have a Ross system on my tmaxx and te problem with the trunigy receiver switch is if te engine don't start right away and it hits compression it sends current back into te switch and receiver frying the switch reciever and it has melted a couple servo wires
Old 09-16-2013, 01:57 PM
turok007

my turnigy is on a brand new slayer just broke in so it still takes alot to start it. but nothing blown. YET
you could do it with a servo hitting a small switch. for the glow plug.
Old 09-16-2013, 02:51 PM
knorris05882

I've already got the glow plug figured out to its part of my receiver switch, and so ur slayer already came with a ez start correct I've been working on a kit that makes any nitro motor remote start capable no matter the brand like I said redcats don't come with a ez start u can add a roto start but I've modified done things and now has ez start with remote start