Community
Search
Notices
Car Nitro & Gas Engines Discuss all aspects of Nitro and Gas rc car engines here!

Redcat Racing SH .18 Cutaway PICS!

Search this Thread

Old 07-19-2013, 09:02 PM
Kristoffer_E

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Redcat Racing SH .18 Cutaway PICS!

So, I killed the engine in my Redcat Volcano with a bit of a lean run. Well, maybe more than a bit... It was my mistake, no fault of the motor or truck, but it's dead either way. I'm a Redcat dealer, so I can get a brand new engine for the price of a piston/sleeve and new bearings, and I have convinced myself I want the SH .28 from my Monsoon in the Volcano anyway.

I'm out of school for the summer, and decided I might as well try to make a cutaway to teach my little brother how the 2 stroke cycle works. So, after a few hours with my dad's hacksaw, some sandpaper and a sanding block, here is what I got:

Excuse the chain link it is resting on; a proper walnut display stand is in the works. I'm pretty satisfied with the finish on this one, but if I ever do another I think I will cut away the side of the sleeve so it is flush with the cut surface of the block. I think this will give a good view of how the ports open and close through the cycle, and would work even better for demonstration purposes.

And as for the above comment about the .28 in the Volcano, I think I am going to need diffs. Lots of them, at least until I can work out a permanent solution, lol

EDIT: hmm, pics aren't working. You can view the album [link=https://www.dropbox.com/sc/grqge1midwft821/mFAhZPJDhk]on my Dropbox account[/link], because I have no idea why the embedded links don't work...
Old 09-25-2013, 05:17 PM
aintgotno

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Great pics. You really did nice work. I was wondering what my engine looked like on the inside.