Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Cars, Buggies, Trucks, Tanks and more > RC Car Engines > Car Nitro & Gas Engines
Reload this Page >

Engines "sqiurting" fuel from under head button

Community
Search
Notices
Car Nitro & Gas Engines Discuss all aspects of Nitro and Gas rc car engines here!

Engines "sqiurting" fuel from under head button

Search this Thread

Old 09-10-2014, 04:11 PM
Thunderbird93

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Engines "sqiurting" fuel from under head button

I have two older engines that within the last 3 years have had the sleeve re-pinched. A Fantom FR .27 and a Picco .26 "Outlaw". I just recently started running them. They run absolutely amazing except for when I first start them they both noticeably squirt fuel from what seems like under the head button. And yes the head screws are all tight and with loctite. It doesn't affect how they run but I'm just curious as to why this is happening. Thanks.
Old 09-10-2014, 08:16 PM
nitroexpress

Probably coming from glow plug.
Old 09-11-2014, 03:36 AM
Thunderbird93

No...the glow plug is tight and it's coming from slightly lower than the glow plug...when I take the button off it's wet with fuel.
Old 09-12-2014, 04:50 PM
boredindaboro

Have you looked for a damaged or warped shim? Did the head button warp? I've never seen one warp but unless there is An obvious hole I would have to think head, shim, or glow plug
Old 09-13-2014, 03:10 PM
supertib

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

is the exhaust gasket in bad shape ? If the gasket is leaking it can spit fuel back onto the engine making it look like a leak
Old 10-08-2014, 09:48 AM
aspeed

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Pinching may have distorted the top flange of the cylinder. A few careful swipes on a plate of glass with 400 sandpaper may flatten this out, and after that, a careful lapping of the head to give a nice surface. A good cleaning would be in order after these operations.
Old 10-11-2014, 05:25 PM
Barracuz

And when it runs? If the combustion chamber isn't sealing properly it shouldn't run "amazingly". And if it does you should hear hissing or small pops coming from the area as well as smoke and fuel leaking out of there.

I'm guessing your carb is leaking somewhere and it's squirting fuel under the head button making it seem like it's the head button leaking.
Old 10-11-2014, 05:39 PM
aspeed

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Does it hold compression when turning it over by hand? If it hisses out in a few seconds, it is getting through somewhere, plug seal, head, or piston/cyl. It will still run fine, just a bit different needle setting, but will be down somewhat on power, maybe not noticeable.