Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

ofna force .28 head shims

how many head shims should this engine have 2 or 4 the manual diagram shows 2 it had 4 when i took it apart i got this engine in a large lot of R/C parts and several buggies i found lots of things not put together correctly on 2 Traxxas Revos so i am wondering if the head shims maybe wrong also
    i have resealed this motor cleaned and lubed it factory carb settings hsn 3 turns lsn flush it will start but will not run for long or die when i remove the glow starter {rich condition?} i can lean the hsn about 1 turn and it will no longer start also i can lean the lsn about 1 1/2 turns and it will no longer start i am now wondering if it has double the head shims if it is lost to much compression i will try and remove 2 and see what happens
    just looking for some insight into this

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback
    Shimming the head lowers the compression. Measure the head clearance and shim the head so you have .4mm head spacing (about .015"). Most often this will require 1-2 shims of .1mm-.2mm each. You should measure first and shim last. Too much head spacing will leave power on the table unless you use gobs of nitro in the fuel.
    GlowHead Brotherhood #3
    Real engines use glow plugs.
    R.i.P Jacob Wetterling #11 10/22/1989