Notices
Car Nitro & Gas Engines Discuss all aspects of Nitro and Gas rc car engines here!

Ofna Hyper 7 TQ

Old 03-22-2017, 12:49 PM
shugginton

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Ofna Hyper 7 TQ

Greetings All,

Nuff respect. I am writing because I need help and I am asking humbly for your opinions.

As listed in the title, I have a Ofna Hyper 7 TQ that comes stock with a .32 Force engine. Many moons ago, I crashed and I have not been able to get the engine to turn over since. To my untrained eye, nothing is broken. I am reasonably mechanically inclined and have taken the liberty to rebuild the engine without any success. I have tried new glow plugs and other troubleshoots that I consider the basic diagnostic things, but still no success. I have even discovered online how to reset the motor to the factory settings and still no success. What else have a I missed?

One point of note: Prior to the crash, I was able to prime the engine by blowing and could observe the fuel move up the line. The fuel no longer migrates to the carburetor when I do that. Is that of any significance? Why would air no longer move up the line? Is it the carburetor ? How far off am I?

I have resolved to simply purchase a new engine. Can you suggest an engine of similar ability or better? Or, best yet, can you suggest another troubleshooting method? I would love to fix this thing. I would mean a lot to my ego.

Thanks a bunch.

Sincerely,
Shugginton
Old 03-22-2017, 03:20 PM
Rowdyray

Try this before you replace the engine. Not sure where you were blowing. I'm assuming into the line that goes to the pipe? Make sure that line and the one to the carb have no cracks or nicks in them. Is there resistance when you blow, or nothing? If it's sat for a while nitro fuel can really gum things up. If the carb inlet is clogged you won't get fuel up the line. If you remove it from the carb can you get fuel to move?

Also crashes can break or crack things. Sometimes they get missed. Make sure there are no cracks in the fuel tank and the rubber O-ring seals when you close the lid. Are you leaking fuel any where? The plastic nipples on the tanks like to break just enough to cause a problem but not really see. You may have to remove the tank completely, but look closely. It needs to be a sealed system to work properly. A crack in the manifold or pipe would be a different issue.
Old 03-22-2017, 05:47 PM
shugginton

Rowdyray,

Thank you for the prompt reply.
I'll double check and reply with my findings.

Thanks much.
Old 03-22-2017, 07:56 PM
1QwkSport2.5r

Received 76 Likes on 69 Posts

Chances are good either the fuel tank, fuel lines, or the carburetor may be plugged with concealed oil. Open the carb wide open and try blowing air into the fuel fitting. If no joy, open the high speed needle two turns. If no joy, soak the whole carburetor in fuel or acetone for 5-10 minutes and try blowing into the carb again. The throttle valve must be open beyond half way and the needle minimum 3-turns out.