Notices
Car Nitro & Gas Engines Discuss all aspects of Nitro and Gas rc car engines here!

Team Orion Wasp .26 question

Old 07-10-2017, 11:02 PM
[tc3]

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Arrow Team Orion Wasp .26 question

Hello all.

I have a Hot Bodies Lightning RR that I am trying to get up and running. Installed it has a Team Orion Wasp .26 PS 86400 engine. I'm wanting to get it revamped and ready to run. Mostly, I'm wanting to know what glow plug and fuel is best to run in this engine? I'm in Texas if that makes any difference on selection. I want to get a new glow plug since it's been a little while since it's run, I just want to know what was the choice is for this motor.

What brand fuels do people tend to prefer? Also, what percentages to run for the above setup.

Thanks for the help.
Old 07-12-2017, 09:52 AM
1QwkSport2.5r

Received 76 Likes on 69 Posts

I would be opting for a medium heat plug. So far, the Picco P6S plug has been a very good plug for me - with very good durability and they last a long time. They are hard to get ahold of though. You could use a McCoy MC8 (medium) or MC9 (cold) if they're easier to get ahold of. They aren't quite as durable, but for a $6 plug, that's not a bad deal, really.

For fuel - I'd use a fuel with 20% nitro and 10-12% oil in a basher truck. The higher oil RTR fuels make the engines hard to tune and have poor tractability. I liked Trinity Monster HP fuel as well as Blue Thunder Race fuel (NOT the HP8 fuel which is 8% oil). Both of those fuels were easy to tune and ran consistent for me. Werks fuel and Bones Brew is supposed to be good fuel too, just make sure you have enough oil in it - bashed rigs on super low oil fuels tend to not work as well in my experience.