Community
Search
Notices
Car Nitro & Gas Engines Discuss all aspects of Nitro and Gas rc car engines here!

OS Max 12CV

Search this Thread

Old 03-07-2018, 07:12 PM
Mr.Alvaro

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default OS Max 12CV Parts

Hi everyone in the forums, this is my first post here, but been here for a while always reading.

I have an old HPI Nitro RS42 4WD, powered by a OS Max 12CV. The engine has the backplate and the shaft that connect to the crankshaft on the back of the engine that allow to install a coil starter. The issue is the engine does not have it and after reading about coil starters I prefer to stay away because of how often they fail and became useless.

My idea is to have a roto start system but I have been looking around trying to figure out if there is any one compatible for this engine but I have not found any. The back plate has the 4 holes for the screws and those are separated 32mm or 1" 1/4. You guys know any roto starter that will fit for this engine?.

Also, the plastic fuel inlet is broke and I wonder if you guys know any metallic inlet that will fit for the 10E needle assembly. OSMG6993
Click image for larger version

Name:	21481900.jpg
Views:	97
Size:	7.8 KB
ID:	2258043

One last question. I live in Chicago, and I am looking for a good place with an on-road track for this car. Any good place that you guys recommend?

Thanks.

Last edited by Mr.Alvaro; 03-07-2018 at 07:56 PM. Reason: Missing Question
Old 03-12-2018, 05:08 AM
1QwkSport2.5r

Received 76 Likes on 69 Posts

There will be two sets of screw holes in the backplate - 4 for holding the backplate to the engine and 4 holes for
holding the starter to the engine. Is the 32mm spacing listed for the smaller set of screws for the actual starter? If so, I may have something that will work, but I will have to look in my parts box. I think I have a Traxxas electric starter setup that may fit.

For the carb fitting - what’s the OD of the needle valve assembly where the fuel inlet fitting goes? I may have a metal fitting that will fit - I just need to know what the size of the needle holder is.
Old 05-05-2018, 07:55 PM
Mr.Alvaro

Hi again, sorry for the late answer, I went out of the country and just came back 2 days ago.

Yes, the space is 32mm for the starter set, so if you know any electrical starter of you have one we can talk business. Related to the carburator, I got the full needle assembly for the 10-M and its compatible so that issue is solved.

Waiting to hear from you, and again sorry for the late reply.
Old 05-19-2018, 07:34 PM
nitroveins

Can you still get parts for that engine?
Old 05-21-2018, 09:14 AM
Mr.Alvaro

Yes, I got the needle assembly for the 10J/10M Carburetor and it fits and work properly. Ebay is a good source for parts for RC, sometimes you have to spend time looking for it because the name does not match the part. Also I got a new back plate and the coil starter. Now I am waiting for a generic back plate compatible with roto starter so no more coil, no more remove of the cover of my car.

Last edited by Mr.Alvaro; 05-21-2018 at 04:28 PM.