Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Cars, Buggies, Trucks, Tanks and more > RC Car Engines > Car Nitro & Gas Engines
Reload this Page >

M26MB losi engine help backplate scrrews!

Notices
Car Nitro & Gas Engines Discuss all aspects of Nitro and Gas rc car engines here!

M26MB losi engine help backplate scrrews!

Old 06-24-2019, 03:02 PM
raminator69

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question M26MB losi engine help backplate scrrews!

Hello i have a losi raminator 1/8 scale and i am ordering the spinstart backplate without screws but i dont know what screws to use for the backplate. if anyone could help it would be great. im located in canada and im ordering off of horizon hobby or hobby hobby. THANK-YOU
Old 07-03-2019, 03:42 AM
1QwkSport2.5r

Received 76 Likes on 69 Posts

I posed a question in the thread you replied to in the Losi truck forum. The screws you need are metric. I believe they’re 2.5mm diameter. The aluminum Backplate to the engine itself are probably 10-15mm long. The spinstarter screws that hold it to the backplate are probably 2.5mm diameter and 20-25mm long. The length I’m just guessing as I’m not in front of an engine to check. I can check for certain when I get home.
Old 07-25-2019, 07:58 PM
raminator69

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thanks
i got it on. now i might trade it for a redcat vortex ss and a shockwave. you think its worth it?
or the guy offerd a savage xl
with the ???garbadge??? k5.9 what you think is better?? just want something fast and reliable. the redcats i would only use the shockwave and get a new .18 somewhere used but a better one. thanks
Old 07-25-2019, 08:30 PM
D3MON

Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts

the guy wanting to trade you either doesnt know better, or he is trying to rip you off.
do not swap that for a redcats, redcat are known to be more or less low grade.
savage xl maybe, but id still keep the raminator. the LST platform is one of the best platforms made.
the only way i would even start to think about doing the trade is for both the savage and the redcats, but even then id turn it down.
what issues are you having with your raminator?

Last edited by D3MON; 07-25-2019 at 08:35 PM.
Old 07-28-2019, 04:09 AM
1QwkSport2.5r

Received 76 Likes on 69 Posts

I agree with Demon. The Losi is superior to the other crap. HPI savages suck to work on and are not as durable. Redcat is cheap garbage. Below Traxxas in quality. Fix the Raminator with the advice given here and you’ll be much happier. I’ll almost guarantee it. As long as the truck is solid and the engine isn’t a piece of crap, you’ll have tons of fun with it.