Community
Search
Notices
Car Nitro & Gas Engines Discuss all aspects of Nitro and Gas rc car engines here!

RB S7 II

Search this Thread

Old 04-05-2004, 01:54 PM
fhm101

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RB S7 II

Hey Folks
I've got a new RB S7 II on the way for a K II and I'm wondering if anyone can tell me what it's like. This is not the WS7 II, just a plain old S7 II. I've been told that it's really the old WS7 with cosmetic and name change. Any truth to that?
Old 04-05-2004, 02:05 PM
sh0wtime

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: RB S7 II

that pretty much sums it up
for all intents & purposes its the old WS7 without the black coated crankcase

very quick engine for the money, & it should, being an RB last a while too
Old 04-05-2004, 07:33 PM
Hummer Man

i am hoping to buy this engine this summer to put in my Hyper 7 PBS... I have heard it is great and it is cheaper than the WS7II!!!
Old 04-05-2004, 09:00 PM
sh0wtime

its cheaper & easier to tune too
the new 9mm carb on the WS7II is a little bit quirky compared to the carbs on any of the other RB engines i've used[] it takes a while to master them & can be infuriating to get them right[:'(]
the S7II is much easier to tune in right, with the carb acting just like it should
you won't be disapointed with this engine its a real ripper for the money
Old 04-05-2004, 10:21 PM
Limegrntaln

I was out at the track yesterday and there was a guy out there with a Hyper 7 I sat my car right next to him on the bench and we talked and tinkered (with our cars) he was running the WS7II with a Ofna 086 pipe, this was the meanest thing Ive ever heard, he was running the smallest exhaust restrictor and he was passing me on the straights like he was driving on the autobahn, I would say the straight was 200 feet and coming around the corner I was in front of him he passed me and got to the turn and I was about 3/4 of the way there, he was pulling the front wheels off the ground, this mother was no joke.

to top it off I was running like 245 when I temped my car after the race he brought it in and I temped his at 195. Im running the stock Force .26 motor. were talking about tuned down power here..
Old 04-05-2004, 11:12 PM
fhm101

ORIGINAL: adamshowtime

that pretty much sums it up
for all intents & purposes its the old WS7 without the black coated crankcase

very quick engine for the money, & it should, being an RB last a while too
Does it retain the hard coated crank?
Old 04-06-2004, 12:55 AM
sh0wtime

the crank hasn't got the concept coating (apparently?) but its made of harder material than the old ones!
i'll try & find the original post from Rody on the RB forum & i'll cut & paste in here
he did say all this in there somewhere, but i definitely remember him saying about a new harder crank with no need for the concept coating

that used to wear off after a few gallons anyway
Old 04-06-2004, 10:19 AM
fhm101

Thanks for all the info guys. The S7 II is on loan from a friend and I've got to either cut a chassis to accept a 14 mm engine or buy a new one based on a 13 mm block. Is there anything out there in a 13 mm that would be a better choice than the RB? I've been involved in the Bergonzoni MT project with GB Direct USA for the last couple of years and all we run in these monsters is 14 mm engines so I have neglected to keep current on anything else. My last buggy engine was an RB WS7 and I really liked it, but I know that racing tech, like rust, never sleeps and I don't want to start back with an engine if advances have rendered it obsolete. I ask this because of the WS7 II. RB had a real winner in the original WS7 and I can't imagine them moving it to second fiddle unless the new one is a major improvement. Any thoughs on this from those who have experience with both the original WS7 and the WS7 II? After two years away from buggy altogether, I'm itching to get back, but i don't want to have to (try) relearning my driving skills by playing catchup with a slow engine.
Old 04-06-2004, 01:53 PM
sh0wtime

the main difference with the WS7II is the crank timing, the 9mm carb with 8mm restrictor & the 2 piece cooling head shaped more like a C4/5
i had the old WS7 (a few of them) & now have 2 WS7IIs the II isn't really any better than the 1!
but that still puts it ahead of pretty much every other engine out there
the S7II isn't much different to the WS7II in performance, but i suppose you have the option to run the carb at 9mm as opposed to the 8mm of the S7II!
but thats about it
Old 04-06-2004, 03:30 PM
fhm101

Thanks again. I guess before I get the cart ahead of the horse I should take my gift horse and see where it leads me.
Old 03-17-2012, 05:08 PM
RectalExam
Banned

double farts
Old 03-17-2012, 05:10 PM
RectalExam
Banned

bump