Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Cars, Buggies, Trucks, Tanks and more > RC Car Engines > Car Nitro & Gas Engines
Reload this Page >

does anyone know the break-in needle setting for sirio .12?

Community
Search
Notices
Car Nitro & Gas Engines Discuss all aspects of Nitro and Gas rc car engines here!

does anyone know the break-in needle setting for sirio .12?

Search this Thread

Old 05-16-2004, 08:58 PM
newbie003

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default does anyone know the break-in needle setting for sirio .12?

i have a sirio .12 turbo engine and cant start it so i was wondering if i needed other kind of needle settings?
Old 05-18-2004, 07:47 PM
newbie003

Default RE: does anyone know the break-in needle setting for sirio .12?

no one knows the break-in needle setting for sirio .12?because i cant start my engine to do the break-in proceedure
Old 05-24-2004, 05:01 PM
rcuser
My Feedback: (5)

did you try the settings on the trinity website?

i just got a sirio turbo too...i'm planning on having the high speed needle one turn out from factory and the low 1/2 a turn out. I haven't broken the engine in yet nor started it. I'm still waiting for the starter box to come in this week.

This engine appears to have a whole load of compression built in to it. I had to loosen the sleeve up with a hair dryer. I'm still not sure how i'm going to be able to turn it on the starter box. I intend to add some after run oil to lube the engine prior to starting and preheating it with the blow dryer. hopefully this will make the sleeve loose enough to turn it on the starter box.

tell me how your break in's going?
Old 05-24-2004, 06:04 PM
newbie003

man i had this engine for quiet some time now about 2 weeks cant start it no matter what. tomarrow im going to the hobby shop so they can start it for me......also a temp gun is very helpful so you know how much degrees the engine is at. The hair dryer is the best way to heat up the engine. Get the engine up to 200 degrees then the flywheel will be fairly easy to turn. Oh yeah after each tank of break-in i suggest you put a couple of drops of after run oil so the engine will be easy to trun over......
hope you get your engine started.....
Old 05-24-2004, 09:39 PM
rcuser

well i get the starter thursday, so we'll see...i was so excited before but now that i'm reading about your situation i'm a little worried.
tell me how it goes at the LHS. good luck!
Old 05-24-2004, 09:43 PM
Vanquish24

It says it right on team trinitys website.

Sirio .12/15/18 (General Carburetor Settings)
High Speed - 5.5 turns
Low Speed - 2-1/2 (Generally this should be flush with the end of the slide)
Mid Range - Flush then one turn out.
Old 05-25-2004, 11:56 PM
newbie003

yeah i tried that setting before but the mid range needle is the one that gets me pissed of because the compression wont even push the fuel to the carb......
Old 05-27-2004, 11:12 AM
rcuser

how did the trip to the LHS go?

im still in the process of breaking my sirio turbo in. im breaking it in with the heat cycling method
courtesy of Der Landsmann, wildhobbies, and Dan of nitro tech http://www.wildhobbies.com/news/defa...articleid=1054

I used factory HSN (5.5) out and 1/2 turn out from factory LSN setting (3 turns).

I had the engine off the chassis at first, blow dryed it till hot and added some after engine oil and turned the crank to lube it. Then i reattached the engine to the chassis making sure the piston was loose at BDC. Then i started it. It took about 4-5 tries. With the piston at BDC the flywheel spins on the starter box. The car runs for like 2 seconds and dies. If the piston gets stuck at TDC after dying then i had to take the engine off the chassis again heat it up and turn the flywheel loose. This takes up most of your time. Then reattach and try again. Like i said i did this 4-5 times. Today's day two and it's starting up easily, i'm still in the process of breaking it in though.

Good luck!
Old 05-27-2004, 10:46 PM
newbie003

i got it started up then when i took the igniter of it died but now i think i got an air leak somewhere between the engine and the header or the header and the pipe. What car do you have your sirio on? the lsh people are stupider than me the first guy who wanted to help me he thought this engine was a pull start and that he could have started it in a snap so he charged me 20 bucks just to set my throttle linkage which i knew how to do already and he gave me a new gas tank for some reason..... dont know why because the one i had was new. then the second guy actually tried tuning and starting it....so he was more help than the 1st one
Old 05-28-2004, 06:30 PM
newbie003

also if you dont mind me asking what pipe and header are you using?
Old 05-28-2004, 11:35 PM
Vanquish24

Yea the knowledge of some of these LHS guys is Laughable sometimes. Hey try a hotter plug if your engine stall when you take the igniter out.
Old 05-29-2004, 05:03 PM
newbie003

ORIGINAL: Vanquish24

Yea the knowledge of some of these LHS guys is Laughable sometimes. Hey try a hotter plug if your engine stall when you take the igniter out.
lol yeah.this engine has a hot plug because this is a turbo engine also i noticed that i dont have a washer around the glow plug so i guess i have to make another 30 min trip to the lhs for a washer cuz all the washers i have are less wide then this glow plug........