Community
Search
Notices
Car Nitro & Gas Engines Discuss all aspects of Nitro and Gas rc car engines here!

Oil % for cars

Search this Thread

Old 07-13-2004, 08:25 AM
fun2fly

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Oil % for cars

My buddy just got a new car, and the LHS sold him 16% nitro with 14% oil. I am a flier I don't run anything lower than 18% oil in my engines. What is the recommended % for cars. He is getting ready to break in his engine and I don't want it to over heat. I also told him he should bump up to atleast 20% nitro. We need your input before we continue running this engine.
Old 07-13-2004, 11:37 AM
hitman45

Default RE: Oil % for cars

14% oil is enough to keep a good engine lubricated. I mean I use 15% oil the fuel I buy. Ohh and break the engine-in using %16 Nitro. Then after the break-in..bump up to a higher Nitro content.

Never break-in a new engine with a HIGH Nitro content. It will just wear out the engine. So remember to use a small amount of Nitro percentage when your breaking-in engines. Then after all that process. Bump up to a higher content.
Old 07-13-2004, 02:53 PM
Kemo

Default RE: Oil % for cars

I run in "sport" blend about 12-16% oil... anything more is good for breakin. And as for "higher nitro will just wear out engine", 20% will do for break-in. And after done break-in, you don't have to "bump up" at all. Most break-in designed fuels are about 15-20% nitro anyways.