Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

RE: SH .28 engine?

ORIGINAL: rosalie1

Hi ! I need help . I'm a new in this hobby, and I have SH .28 engine whitout cluch...
    I want to know which kind or which model I can buy, if you have kind or # model that's will help me very much.
    Excuse me english
    Marc
    What car/truck is it going in?

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

on HIMOTO TORPEDA PRO, A BUGGY 1/8 scale, if you want give me your adress I will send you some pics.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Not sure...... but, you might get better help here or you could try here << that 2nd link is to the Redcat forum here on RCU, Redcat Racing and Himoto share a lot of the same parts, they're made my the same company..

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Check with hobbypeople.com, they sell sh engines.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

I do have some information about these 8-port SH engines. The PT28XM1AC-P8 is the pull start verson of this powerful engine. I have just completed the break in one in my XTM mmt which as most of you know is a really big truck. To make a long story short it was keeping up with my buddy’s savage with a three speed. It was a little hard to start do to the pinch but paid off quickly once broken in. I still have much tuning to do and can run up to 40% per SH so I expect this to be a real head turner. My supplier claim that this engine is only available in limited supply in the US so I maybe one of a handful of sources. Once the engine is tuned and ready to go will link video to show this monster move. If you would like to get your hands on one feel free to contact me at www.actionrcproducts.com. Here is SH's website so you can review the stats . www.shengines.com

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

you will need a bigger tank if you want more than 3 or 4 mins run time

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

ORIGINAL: supertib

ORIGINAL: eadnoth

My savage does wheelies on 20% nitro fuel ,18/47 gearing and alloy hop ups but i have to replace the one way bearing often.SH.28 has great torque but from my experiance i'd look for something else.Going to sell my savage because i'm fed up changing the one way bearing on the SH.28 engine.The cost of replacing the engine outweighs the cost of buying a new truck.Wish i'd bought the wasp .28 that revs out at 42,000 instead of 28'000
    the Wasp 28 has exagerated RPM numbers, the SH 28 will kill the wasp as far as power goes.

as for the OWB they dont fail if you know how to use them.... You likely use oily fuel and never flush your engine... If your OWB starts slipping flush your mill with some WD40 and the OWB will be like new.... All that is happebning is oil is coking on the OWB shaft making it slip.... Once agains a classic case of user error blaming a perfectly good engine.
    Well Said Man! The Sh .28 w blue cooling head are great engines that put out more power than alot of high dollar mills
    Go hard or go home!

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Get your SH parts here. http://www.hobbypeople.net/

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

the blue headed sh engines are no more than a 3 port so how do you conclude that it beats high dollor mills ??? but the 8 port sh i hear i sa monster my 3 port sh got 10 gals and it died great budget motor for any monster truck
    ~savagedan89~

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Try STS DTM.30. It sells for $140.00 with insane power! I have both SH and STS. STS rocks!!

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

If you have the SH28 3 port http://www.shengines.com/TECHDATA_PT2802B-P3.htm you can put an XTM 457 6 port sleeve http://hobbypeople.net/gallery/148435.asp and get much more performance. This is the exact same sleeve that is in the SH 6 port engine http://www.shengines.com/TECHDATA_PT2803A-P6.htm. I have not tried it and have not found it available, but I would assume you could also put the sleeve from the SH PT28XM1 8 port in a 3 port for improved performance.

Hobbypeople also has a good sale going on right now. http://www.hobbypeople.net/
    September 11, 2001
    Never Forget

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

ORIGINAL: hybridstone

ORIGINAL: supertib

ORIGINAL: eadnoth

My savage does wheelies on 20% nitro fuel ,18/47 gearing and alloy hop ups but i have to replace the one way bearing often.SH.28 has great torque but from my experiance i'd look for something else.Going to sell my savage because i'm fed up changing the one way bearing on the SH.28 engine.The cost of replacing the engine outweighs the cost of buying a new truck.Wish i'd bought the wasp .28 that revs out at 42,000 instead of 28'000
    the Wasp 28 has exagerated RPM numbers, the SH 28 will kill the wasp as far as power goes.

as for the OWB they dont fail if you know how to use them.... You likely use oily fuel and never flush your engine... If your OWB starts slipping flush your mill with some WD40 and the OWB will be like new.... All that is happebning is oil is coking on the OWB shaft making it slip.... Once agains a classic case of user error blaming a perfectly good engine.
    Well Said Man! The Sh .28 w blue cooling head are great engines that put out more power than alot of high dollar mills

exactly which high dollar engines does it outpower ?
    Neal Smith..owner Clockwork Racing Engines

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

i like the sh .28 i have 2 in an xtm mammoth runs awesome they are very close to the xtm motors mainly the 457 i also have one of those too i am in the process of rebuilding my mammoth heres a pic b.t.w. sh ,28 is motor with silver head other engine is just for mock up
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Jh16075.jpg 
Views:	21 
Size:	98.0 KB 
ID:	1565246  
    yes its fast, no you cant drive it!

if you can control it, its to slow

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback