Community
Search
Notices
Car Nitro & Gas Engines Discuss all aspects of Nitro and Gas rc car engines here!

TROUBLE WITH NEW AXIAL ENGINE

Search this Thread

Old 03-06-2006, 09:55 PM
stargazerww

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default TROUBLE WITH NEW AXIAL ENGINE

Hey ALL i just purchased a AXIAL ENGINE http://www.axialracing.com/About%20us.html

I just broke it in tonight and it was a pain idle would jump up and down, 4 glow plugs burned up and came close to overheating

HAS ANYBODY ELSE HEARD ANY INFO ON THIS ENGINE please help got bad vibes from the break in process so far

ive broken in 2 AE 21 engines, 2 ofna 26s .15 phantum, 12 phantum ,AE 15 , and all worked great nice and stable break in processes

if theres any one that has experiance with this new engine please help thank you
Old 03-06-2006, 10:14 PM
A.B.U

Default RE: TROUBLE WITH NEW AXIAL ENGINE

ORIGINAL: stargazerww

Hey ALL i just purchased a AXIAL ENGINE http://www.axialracing.com/About%20us.html

I just broke it in tonight and it was a pain idle would jump up and down, 4 glow plugs burned up and came close to overheating

HAS ANYBODY ELSE HEARD ANY INFO ON THIS ENGINE please help got bad vibes from the break in process so far

ive broken in 2 AE 21 engines, 2 ofna 26s .15 phantum, 12 phantum ,AE 15 , and all worked great nice and stable break in processes

if theres any one that has experiance with this new engine please help thank you
Hey.. which one is it? .32? TheHamburglar, just bought one, and says he had NO problems at all! Maybe, you should PM him or somethin' and ask him about it.
Old 03-06-2006, 10:26 PM
stargazerww

NA I GOT THE 28
Old 03-06-2006, 10:28 PM
stargazerww

ALL I DID WAS THE 3 IDLE TANKS SO FAR
Old 03-06-2006, 10:37 PM
PillowPants

I have the .32 and it runs great.. One of the best idling engines i've ever had. First off, note that the stock break in setting are way too rich, and that idling tanks through engines to break in is a TERRIBLE way to break it in.. If you are running with a pullstart, most .28 engines and up are a PITA to pullstart, so get a hairdryer and heat up the cooling head. It'll expand the piston and sleeve, making it easier to start. It all sounds like user error to me..
Old 03-06-2006, 10:42 PM
stargazerww

IT PULL STARTS very easy 2 to 3 pulls to running

tommorow i was going to just gently run it around the feild to get this moving

what is your choice to breakin
Old 03-06-2006, 10:54 PM
PillowPants

ORIGINAL: stargazerww

IT PULL STARTS very easy 2 to 3 pulls to running

tommorow i was going to just gently run it around the feild to get this moving

what is your choice to breakin
This right here dude. [link=http://www.rbmods.net/enginetempering.php]LINK[/link]
Old 03-07-2006, 01:55 PM
stargazerww

thank you very much

ill get right on that method right now

but need to buy glow plugs now all out
Old 03-15-2006, 08:59 PM
pogoclown

ok, check this out, i am getting very angry because i have the axial 28 and it will not run under 300 degrees. i had no problem with break in, except the idle was too high, and if i changed it then it would jump up and down like he was saying, but the pull start was no problem. i just dont know what to do. at factory settings its too hot and if i adjust it to be cool, it wont run. this is the first motor i have had a problem with. the axial 32 may be a great motor, but from the sounds of it, the 28 is a dud
Old 03-15-2006, 09:46 PM
Wide Open

does it put out good power and run consistantly at 300 degrees? if so, just run it there, thats the temp it seems to like. i once had an engine that wouldnt run at all unless it was up around 300, but it was still adjusted rich and getting plenty of fuel. although if youre still nervous about it, than talk to a guy on here with the username fuelman. i learned everything from that guy.
Old 03-15-2006, 10:22 PM
stargazerww

WELL AFTER THE INITIAL BREAK IN i started to run it around the park and then it started to get a whole lot better incredible power and speed..... just got scared because the initial break in was totalllay differant than any other but thank you
Old 03-15-2006, 10:24 PM
stargazerww

yo i set the high to 61/2 turns out like my other engins basic set up and that was great just really rich but that gets ya on the right track
Old 03-17-2006, 03:01 AM
DownStroke

These are the same as the engines in the HPI Savage, so even though they're not very powerful they tune easily and run pretty well. I think you need to learn to tune a little better. Take the engine to the local hobby shop and I'm sure they can help you get the engine running.
Old 03-19-2006, 06:00 PM
Axial Racing

ok, check this out, i am getting very angry because i have the axial 28 and it will not run under 300 degrees. i had no problem with break in, except the idle was too high, and if i changed it then it would jump up and down like he was saying, but the pull start was no problem. i just dont know what to do. at factory settings its too hot and if i adjust it to be cool, it wont run. this is the first motor i have had a problem with. the axial 32 may be a great motor, but from the sounds of it, the 28 is a dud
pogoclown,
I just read your post and am very interested in the problems you are having with your Axial .28 Spec 1 S engine. Please contact our customer service dept asap, so we can resolve any issues you are having with your new engine.

Customer service phone# is: 949-600-8642. Our customer service hours are Monday through Friday 8:00am to 5:00pm, Pacific Standard Time.

Axial Racing
Old 03-19-2006, 06:03 PM
Axial Racing

These are the same as the engines in the HPI Savage, so even though they're not very powerful they tune easily and run pretty well. I think you need to learn to tune a little better. Take the engine to the local hobby shop and I'm sure they can help you get the engine running.
Downstroke,
Let me assure you, the Axial .28 Spec 1 S is not the same engine as the HPI 4.6. In fact please see the dyno results from Nitrodyne Systems comparing the two back to back.
http://www.nitrodynesystems.com/HPI%...%20compare.htm

Axial Racing
Old 03-19-2006, 08:54 PM
stargazerww

HI I was the original person that started this topic in this forum but all i have to say is

THANK YOU VERY MUCH FOR COMING OUT WITH A ENGINE THAT IS AFFORDABLE AND POWERFUL I HAVE IT MOUNTED IN A HOTBODIES PRO STADIUM AND I AM VERY IMPRESSED THANK YOU THANK YOU I AM NOW GOING TO UPGRADE ALL MY VEHICULES WITH YOUR POWER PLANTS THANK YOU VERY MUCH

YOU WILL BE A ASSET TO THE INDUSTRY

Brian M Williams
Parkside, Pa.
Old 03-22-2006, 02:17 PM
Kory k

hey AXIAL RACING i sent you a pm. LMK. k.

Kory
Old 03-28-2006, 08:04 AM
reedthis1
My Feedback: (2)

I have the .28 and so far the engine breaks in easily and has pretty good power. I have it in a MGT 4.6 chassis with 18/46 gearing and it wheelies like a SOB on the street at the rich break in setting and gets up to speed very quick. I set it up with a Collari .32 pipe and a Losi LST header. The HPI Dirt Bonz tires help a lot too.
Old 03-28-2006, 08:40 AM
reedthis1
My Feedback: (2)

Check your low speed setting it could be too lean.
Old 03-28-2006, 09:32 AM
Dil

some real customer support!! why cant the other manufactures also listen to people in forums like theese
Old 03-28-2006, 09:37 AM
snowbl!nd

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

ORIGINAL: Dil

some real customer support!! why cant the other manufactures also listen to people in forums like theese
A few are...

http://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/forumid_396/tt.htm

http://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/forumid_310/tt.htm

http://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/forumid_387/tt.htm

http://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/forumid_427/tt.htm
Old 04-18-2006, 01:32 AM
DownStroke

ORIGINAL: Axial Racing

Downstroke,
Let me assure you, the Axial .28 Spec 1 S is not the same engine as the HPI 4.6. In fact please see the dyno results from Nitrodyne Systems...

Axial Racing
I don't have any confidence in the results of the dyno, so I'll need more solid evidence than that. So, dyno results aside, how is the Axial engine different than the HPI .28 engine other than the obvious cosmetic differences? Are there any changes to port timing, induction timing, etc.?
Old 04-18-2006, 01:53 AM
Axial Racing

I don't have any confidence in the results of the dyno, so I'll need more solid evidence than that. So, dyno results aside, how is the Axial engine different than the HPI .28 engine other than the obvious cosmetic differences? Are there any changes to port timing, induction timing, etc.?
DownStroke,
Sorry to hear you don't like the dyno figures. The differences between the HPI .28 and the Axial .28 Spec 1 S are: Different induction timing, Different crankshaft assy. Different ex port timing, Different transfer and boost port timing, and different combustion chamber shape and volume.

I hope this helps.
Old 04-18-2006, 02:05 AM
DownStroke

Fair enough. Do you have the timing specs on both engines for comparison? As I said, I like the HPI version and find that it runs and tunes well. If the Axial version still has those qualities with more aggressive specs, then it should be a decent engine.
Old 05-01-2006, 06:39 PM
skidkid

I have the Axial .32 the engine broke in with no issues, seemed to be running well, I have about 3/4 gallon through it and after I ran it on Sunday, this morning I went to break down and clean my LST2 and found that the front bearing on my axial is leaking ALOT so much that if you tip the engine foward it drips oil, the temp never was past about 225 degrees and was running it with pleanty of smoke. I called the customer service number 2 times today and left my phone number and have not gotten any responses back. I just started my spring racing series and have until Sunday to get this resolved, for now I have removed the engine and put in my old reliable wasp 28 in. I am hoping to get reponse back from someone at axial ASAP. Thank you
It is nice to see a axial REP looking at forums...

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.