Notices
Car Nitro & Gas Engines Discuss all aspects of Nitro and Gas rc car engines here!

Engine replacement for Schumacher Menace

Old 10-07-2006, 07:37 AM
Brent07

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Engine replacement for Schumacher Menace

Currently i have a stock Schumacher Menace with a TT pro .21 in it and i would liek to get a new engine with more power but it still has to rev so i can get that low end acceleration. What engine should i go with and how much does it cost?
Old 10-07-2006, 09:46 AM
snowbl!nd

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: Engine replacement for Schumacher Menace

ORIGINAL: Brent07

but it still has to rev so i can get that low end acceleration
Revs give you top speed, torque gives you that "low end acceleration". There are lots of engines to choose from, depends on how much you want to spend on a replacement.
Old 10-07-2006, 11:43 AM
Brent07

I would like to keep it below 200 around 150 would be good. The car itself has a 3 speed, so i want something that would work and get the most out of the engine.
Old 10-07-2006, 11:45 AM
Brent07

I want something with more power then the stock thunder tiger .21 in it, because i want to go faster.
Old 10-09-2006, 10:08 AM
Philster

Sportwerks .26 would rip in that car and get you close to the $150 budget and you can get a backplate to drill start it.

For 190, a Picco P3 28 would be insane in tha truck and you can TigerDrive it for drill starts.

To go 'faster' you won't notice much difference with a different engine. Of course, higher quality engines will redline higher, maybe giving you 1-3 more MPH. To go 'faster', as you put it, you need bigger pinions.

A new engine, like the ones mentioned above, WILL give you much better ACCELERATION and response at all parts of the powerband. But for more top speed, get bigger pinions (if you can), when you upgrade the engine.