Community
Search
Notices
Car Nitro & Gas Engines Discuss all aspects of Nitro and Gas rc car engines here!

STS Engines

Search this Thread

Old 07-07-2008, 12:32 AM
james1212

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: STS Engines

the d28m #2805 with standard backplate does look like the d28 pro 5 port #2809 after doing some research, but it has a three port sleeve. mine is a 5 port sleeve it just has black crankshaft.
Old 07-07-2008, 01:09 AM
james1212

ORIGINAL: jaywax

ORIGINAL: james1212

i got the sts d28 pro 5 port truggie motor # 2809. i got it on ebay at rc mall in hong kong for 118.00 plus 10.00 s/h. i finished hot breakin fully today and had throttle endpoint adjustment set at 60 out of 120 and this motor is awsome even with rich setting. it almost pulls whellies in my xtm mammoth st with stock two speed .
Dude you got ripped on the sale. The engine you bought is the D28M 3 port monster truck engine with a standard backplate. All the older versions of the 28 and 30 came with black crank shafts. Do not go by that #, because it is false adverstisement. I went to rcmall and compared it to nitrocountry rc and sts website. They now sell the older versions with a standard backplate. It looks like the newer 5-port, but it is not. My 5-port came with silver crankshaft. Go to nitrocountryrc and look at the older version of the 28. It has a black crank shaft. The newer version is just called the D28, not D28M. The M stands for monster truck. Also, that was the reason your engine was so cheap ($118). All the 5-ports 28 are much higher than the price you qouted. It sucks, but that is what happened. Go to this website and click on the 28 section and look at the standard engine and compare it to the Team engines. You will see the crank shafts. http://www.stsrc.com.tw/index.php
mine is the d28 pro 5 port race truggie motor #2809 . i took it apart it has the 5 port sleeve and piston . p/s looks like the picture on sts website just dosent have polished crank. i know it is the 5 port becauce it has 5 ports plus exhaust port. and the head only says sts 28. the sts d28m says it right on the head.i did my research i have a 5 port just with black crankshaft. it hits good rpm too not like a three port
Old 07-07-2008, 07:15 AM
ugly duck

Old 07-07-2008, 03:16 PM
james1212

so did i get ripped off or not mysts 28 is a 5 port but has the black crank. it runs way better than my xtm 24.7 . revs more and has more power.
Old 07-07-2008, 03:39 PM
jaywax

so did i get ripped off or not mysts 28 is a 5 port but has the black crank. it runs way better than my xtm 24.7 . revs more and has more power.
No you did not get ripped off. RC-Mall is selling the 5-port truggy for a low price. I saw it listed at $126. I got it mistaken for the 3-port MT 28 for $118. They all have black cranks for some reason. My bad.
Old 07-07-2008, 03:51 PM
ugly duck

No, I was going to mention that you don't have to repeat yourself quite so much, but I've had enough of my posts removed by the staff here so I erased it and put the dots in there to take up space.

I'm glad you're happy with the engine, and you've given me a good place to get mine if/when I decide to replace the D28M with another STS product. So thank you!

BTW - it would be for my own Mammoth ST.
Old 07-07-2008, 04:08 PM
JB COMP

The reason RC mall can sell them so cheap is because they're in China, so They don't have to pay to have them imported.
Old 07-12-2008, 09:15 PM
meno222

hey guys, do you know what other brands of carburators fit in the sts d21b engine.i have been having problems with the low end.the top feels fine. i wanted to try an os carb. thanks. manuel
Old 07-13-2008, 11:20 PM
Atom

I have the STS D21t still boxed it is the older model with green head has anyone run this engine in a buggy and if so how was fuel consumption, power band etc..... thank you
Old 07-14-2008, 04:59 AM
j_blaze

ORIGINAL: meno222

hey guys, do you know what other brands of carburators fit in the sts d21b engine.i have been having problems with the low end.the top feels fine. i wanted to try an os carb. thanks. manuel
i ran mine with a dynamite 007 ht pipe and it was insane, i even went up a tooth on the clutch bell. not sure how the carb would help the bottom any.
Old 07-15-2008, 02:46 AM
james1212

SORRY ABOUT REPETING SO MUCH. IM JUST GLAD MY STS D28 PRO 5 PORT #2809 IS THE RITE ONE . I LOVE THIS MOTOR IT DEFINITELY BEATS MY BROS HOBAO HYPER 21 8 PORT RACE, AND MY DAD OS VSPEC AND HIS RB C5 21. I BELIEVE FOR 118.00 PLUS 10.00 S/H THE STS D28 5 PORT IS ONE OF THE BEST MOTORS FOR THE MONEY. THANX STS THIS MOTOR ROCKS. IM LOOKING FORWARD TO TRYING THE NEW STS S28 PRO TRUGGIE MOTOR NEXT . STS ROCKS
Old 07-18-2008, 10:03 PM
meno222

ORIGINAL: j_blaze

ORIGINAL: meno222

i ran mine with a dynamite 007 ht pipe and it was insane, i even went up a tooth on the clutch bell. not sure how the carb would help the bottom any.
thanks, i realized it wasnt the carb,what i did i put new clutch shoes,and a 13 t clutch bell,i havent ran the buggy yet,iam going to try a different pipe, one for low end.i only run i small and technical tracks. ia using the 403 pipe from sts.
Old 07-20-2008, 03:36 PM
james1212

should i use the sts pipe that is for engines 21-28, or should i use the sts pipe for 28-30. i have the sts d28 pro 5 port truggie motor on a xtm mammoth st withs stock 2 speed , though i am going to upgrade to a center diff 1 speed. i want a pipe thats for low and top. any info thanx.
Old 07-20-2008, 03:45 PM
JB COMP

should i use the sts pipe that is for engines 21-28, or should i use the sts pipe for 28-30. i have the sts d28 pro 5 port truggie motor on a xtm mammoth st withs stock 2 speed , though i am going to upgrade to a center diff 1 speed. i want a pipe thats for low and top. any info thanx.
The 0702 (28 - 30) pipe will probably have more low end then the 0403 (21 - 28) since the 0403 is made for the 21. The 0702 is a all round pipe (or that's what I was told it is) and on my Mach 427 it has great low end and it will let the engine scream aswell.

I haven't compared the JP3 to the 0702 (like I said I was going about 2 years ago[:-])
Old 07-25-2008, 01:06 PM
jaywax

Updates on the S21T engine:

I have roughly five gallons on this engine and it has performed flawlessly. It still has great compression and appears to have a lot more life left. I am running it in my MBX5T with the Dynamite 007 ht pipe. I timed the fuel usage under track conditions last week and was getting near 12.5 minutes per tank. That is no lie. The engine has great power and speed. I am definetly going to stick with STS as my race engine.

*****The only problem that may occur is that your low end needle may need to have plumbers tape to keep it from backing in or out.*****
Old 07-25-2008, 03:45 PM
JB COMP

ORIGINAL: jaywax

Updates on the S21T engine:

I have roughly five gallons on this engine and it has performed flawlessly. It still has great compression and appears to have a lot more life left. I am running it in my MBX5T with the Dynamite 007 ht pipe. I timed the fuel usage under track conditions last week and was getting near 12.5 minutes per tank. That is no lie. The engine has great power and speed. I am definetly going to stick with STS as my race engine.

*****The only problem that may occur is that your low end needle may need to have plumbers tape to keep it from backing in or out.*****
That's good to hear.
Old 07-28-2008, 09:33 PM
dayglo

can someone tell me what settings they use on a mkII? the bottom end sucks badly and no matter what settings i use it struggles to get up and go. i had the sts pipe on it, the .21 pipe, i tried the dynamite ht pipe, a rtr pipe that came on a kysho buggy and a pipe that came with my hotbodies truggy. I think the kysho pipe worked the best and that wasn't that great. And yes i put plumbers tape on the needles too. any help would be greatly appereated.
Old 07-29-2008, 01:39 AM
jaywax

ORIGINAL: dayglo

can someone tell me what settings they use on a mkII? the bottom end sucks badly and no matter what settings i use it struggles to get up and go. i had the sts pipe on it, the .21 pipe, i tried the dynamite ht pipe, a rtr pipe that came on a kysho buggy and a pipe that came with my hotbodies truggy. I think the kysho pipe worked the best and that wasn't that great. And yes i put plumbers tape on the needles too. any help would be greatly appereated.
Sounds like a tuning or clutch issue. I would suggest you get help from a more experienced person at your track. If that is not possible, get help from your LHS.
Old 07-30-2008, 08:19 PM
dayglo

jaywax, don't take this the wrong way but it sounds like your a dumb ass. please don't answer questions you don't have answers to. if anyone has RUN THIS MOTOR, please let me know if you have had problems with this motor.
Old 07-30-2008, 09:45 PM
46u
My Feedback: (3)

I have the MKII and it runs great. As far as settings like any engine you tune where it runs properly and there is not any set setting for any engine as there are to many variables! Yes it could be tunning, clutch or many other things. [X(]
Old 07-30-2008, 10:49 PM
jaywax

jaywax, don't take this the wrong way but it sounds like your a dumb ass. please don't answer questions you don't have answers to. if anyone has RUN THIS MOTOR, please let me know if you have had problems with this motor.
Wow!! You really need help. Good luck.
Old 07-30-2008, 10:51 PM
ThunderbirdJunkie

ORIGINAL: 46u

I have the MKII and it runs great. As far as settings like any engine you tune where it runs properly and there is not any set setting for any engine as there are to many variables! Yes it could be tunning, clutch or many other things. [X(]
Well Jeff, been wonderin where you were!

Thought you'd died and gone to Hyper 8 heaven
Old 07-31-2008, 02:32 PM
dayglo

o.k. 46u it sounds like you have run one of these motors before. did you run the sts pipe with it? did you have it on a truggy? i had mine on a truggy and the bottom really struggled. now i take off all the clutch parts and put them on a v spec, thats an OS motors for all the dumb asses in here, and not a problem. same pipe as well. my main question is basicly if anyone else has had problems with these motors, plain and simple. why is it so hard for people to just answer the question on these forums?????????????
Old 07-31-2008, 03:43 PM
46u

o.k. 46u it sounds like you have run one of these motors before. did you run the sts pipe with it? did you have it on a truggy? i had mine on a truggy and the bottom really struggled. now i take off all the clutch parts and put them on a v spec, thats an OS motors for all the dumb asses in here, and not a problem. same pipe as well. my main question is basicly if anyone else has had problems with these motors, plain and simple. why is it so hard for people to just answer the question on these forums?????????????

For your information besides my 4 STS engines I all so have a V Spec among many other engines. But with your altitude I will decline from helping. You are the one starting the BS and I will no longer take part in it.

Old 07-31-2008, 03:47 PM
46u

ORIGINAL: ThunderbirdJunkie

ORIGINAL: 46u

Well Jeff, been wonderin where you were!

Thought you'd died and gone to Hyper 8 heaven
Have a lot of BS going on in my life and not sure if I will ever get back to racing. Matter of fact might be selling a big part of my RC stuff. Thanks for asking.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.