Community
Search
Notices
Car Nitro & Gas Engines Discuss all aspects of Nitro and Gas rc car engines here!

After Run Oil

Search this Thread

Old 04-05-2007, 05:10 PM
AllAboutFunHobbies

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default After Run Oil

I was wondering where is the best place to put after run oil? I've always put it in the carb and gave the pull cord or roto start a hit to throw the oil around in the engine or is it better to take the glow plug out and put it directally in the cylinder. I've heard different things and was wondering what your opinions are about where to put after run oil. Thanks in advance.
Old 04-05-2007, 05:30 PM
mik641

Default RE: After Run Oil

when i watched the traxxas videos on youtube, they put it in the carb and the glow hole
Old 04-05-2007, 05:35 PM
Dale Gribble
My Feedback: (4)

Many manufacturers recommend popping the glow plug too, but I don't agree.

If you drip a few drops down the carb with the needle fully open the oil will get into the crankcase, and if you pull the starter a few times it will circulate everywhere it needs to go. After that, close the needle and get a drop on top of the slide needle and work it a few times to keep it moving smooth.

Unless you use an air compressor and get ALL of the dirt and mud away from the glow plug and are very careful threading the plug in all of the time, the potential for damage from dirt getting in the cylinder or stripped the cooling head threads from repeated inserts/removals is far greater then getting after run oil into the top of the cylinder.
Old 04-05-2007, 06:42 PM
giddyuperic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Glow plug hole and carb.
Old 04-05-2007, 08:03 PM
HeLLsGoD

3-4 drops on carb

1 on the glow plug hole

= happy engine
Old 04-05-2007, 08:13 PM
AllAboutFunHobbies

It seems that most everyone has there own method that works for them. I was just curious as to how people like to do it, I personally have stripped a glow plug hole or two from always taking the glow plug all the time to put it in the engine so I stopped doing it in both, just wondering. Thanks for the replies.
Old 04-29-2007, 06:36 PM
JB COMP

Can you use Synthetic motor for after run oil...
Old 04-29-2007, 08:24 PM
downunder

Before you use any after run oil you have to get rid of any raw fuel left inside the engine. The usual method for stopping the engine is by blanking off the muffler outlet and this pressurises the fuel tank which then pumps extra fuel into the crankcase to add to any fuel that's still in there. The methanol in the fuel sucks water out of the air like a sponge and that's the start of rusting.

At the end of the day start the engine and let it run at a high idle then either pinch the fuel line or take it off the carb and wait until the engine completely runs itself dry and stops then drain the tank completely. If there's no castor in the fuel then you can add some after run oil (castor is about the best after run oil you can get).
Old 04-29-2007, 09:00 PM
JB COMP

I want to know if a good motor or pre mix oil for after run oil when I take a new engine apart and clean it. They say to take a engine apart and clean it, and put it back to gather with after run oil on all moving parts.
Old 04-29-2007, 10:08 PM
hpi apollo

3-4 drops is like pissing on a forest fire, if you're gunna protect your engine put 4-5 drops in the glow plug hole (make sure its clean aroudn ti first) and down the carb then crank it over