Community
Search
Notices
Car Nitro & Gas Engines Discuss all aspects of Nitro and Gas rc car engines here!

wierd stability issues

Search this Thread

Old 05-11-2007, 09:20 PM
kmaheartless

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default wierd stability issues

Hello

I have some weird issue with my radio set. When I was trying to tune my engine today in a parking lot, my engine suddenly revved up and I thought I have some engine issue. However, after close examination, I found out that it was my 2 servos that were going out of control. They randomly turn on their own. So I thought there might be some kind of radio interference around. After checking around, I found none, so i decided to turn on my radio and wait for couple minutes to see if the radio still moves on their own. It did not, so I assume that there was nothing wrong with the radio system. However after i started my engine, the servos became unstable again, and thus, started acting on their own. I did a couple more experiment and found of that it only happens when my engine is fired up. I do not know where the problem is at. Please help! Any help is appreciated!

Thank You
Old 05-11-2007, 11:07 PM
giddyuperic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: wierd stability issues

I really don't think there is any RF interferance with the engine running maybe you were to close to the car? Or the batterys in the car or the radio are low? That's about it I don't know of any thing else. I have been to close to the car with my nomadio system and the servos go all crazy. So I would check the batterys and make sure you antena is tight and even shake the radio when it's all on and see if it happens again?
Old 05-12-2007, 12:04 AM
joes75
My Feedback: (2)

Make sure all your connections going into your receiver are good and that the crystals are in tight. Fully charge your batteries and get a failsafe if you dont already have one.
Old 05-12-2007, 12:07 AM
GRANT ED

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

You get this symptom when there is metal to metal contact near your radio gear. I would look for something loose or some metal to metal contact that is vibrating when the engine is running. This maybe something like a pushrod rubbing against something.
Old 05-12-2007, 02:14 AM
kmaheartless

Thanks, dude! I found where the problem is at! It is metal contact!